AirAttack Racing Forum
Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona (/thread-851.html)

Pages: 1 2

Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Sainted - 03-18-2017

Your LFS Username: ymeshulin
Offender's LFS Username: f.c.barcelona
Description of the incident: See below
Replay / Screenshot link: Here
Replay timestamp(s): 1:10-1:30 & 2:10-2:40

1st lap: F.C. Barcelona is faster on the straight. I change lanes to make him go on the outside, never broke any rule, left loads of space. Barcelona drives by clean, but outbrakes himself slightly into the corner. I use the opportunity to pull alongside and as we head into the chicane at the far end of the track, I get a good line in and get ahead. Barcelona misses the line again, so I am ahead of him. I do not take a usual racing line knowing I have not cleared him, but I make sure I give him a little nudge to slow him down a bit.

2nd lap: F.C. Barcelona is mad at me for whatever reason, possibly because he thought everybody should yield and let him without a fight. First, he makes a divebomb into the 1st turn, but I am already on the apex, and he can't pass. Then he chases me down the straight, honking his horn and flashing his lights, and then spins me out on purpose. This evidenced both by his car movement, and his steering wheel.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I respect the practice of issuing a 3-day ban for something like this, but I feel it would be best to extend it my a massive amount. If he does not play LFS for 3 days, he will simply not notice the punishment.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Seven - 03-18-2017

A ban term is a ban term. AA policy, it's how we've always worked and I've been doing this for almost 5 years now, ban terms get lengthened for repeated or more severe cases. People complain about getting a 12 hour ban, more often than not, if someone's banned they usually know about it.

On-topic: Your nudge I'd put under the "rubbing is racing". You didn't directly steal the racing line, he could have kept full throttle and took a tighter corner but instead chose to back off, fine. The divebomb in T1 was probably more thinking he could pass you on the inside, unfortunately for him the XRG is a lot of go and not so much for cornering and it didn't work. The PIT maneuver though, totally deliberate and a 3 day ban will be issued for f.c.barcelona.

A note to you that our servers are English-speaking only. If you'd like to talk another language with someone please utilize our PM function. Smile

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Mikke - 03-18-2017

Can't believe that Barca got banned... We had very much good races on demo and also s2... He must've been triggered Smile

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - E A Presley - 03-19-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:49 PM)Mikke Wrote: Can't believe that Barca got banned... We had very much good races on demo and also s2... He must've been triggered Smile

im JUST  on same thoughts... barcelona is a good racerWink

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Seven - 03-19-2017

Funny how good people can let something get the better of them.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Sainted - 03-20-2017

My observation is that quite a few really fast guys only tolerate being fought for position by somebody within 0.2s in average lap time. And when someone like me (0.6s slower in similar cars) refuses to simply give way, this unsettles their mental state, and they resort to wiping out people.

Another observation on the same topic, is that being able to put in a great lap does not necessarily translate into being a good racer. I have seen 33.1 lap people (XFG, old Blackwood) lose their plot when not being on the ideal racing line - they outbrake themselves, they look totally lost when being forced to defend their position, etc. On the contrary, people with similar pace often produce amazing races - I have had plenty of them with Acnidea, Monza, Malascurvas (spelling?), EL34 and others. Going side-by-side for most of the lap, sitting on somebody's bumper within 0.3m with no contact, even doing crazy moves and seeing an opponent being able to "take it" - that's what in my world is worth enormous respect.

Not that I am being critical - hey, it's not an easy job to be a good racer AND a good driver - but the trend described above is quite a regular sight.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - AOR Nova - 03-20-2017

Uhm, you sure they "take it"? Or are they just tolerating - it gives the same feeling though..
And how actually do you" "refuse to give way"?
Might just be overly aggressive defending knocking some anger in the grid, but again, I haven't seen your driving often, advise me on this Tongue

(03-20-2017, 02:37 PM)Sainted Wrote: My observation is that quite a few really fast guys only tolerate being fought for position by somebody within 0.2s in average lap time. And when someone like me (0.6s slower in similar cars) refuses to simply give way, this unsettles their mental state, and they resort to wiping out people.

Another observation on the same topic, is that being able to put in a great lap does not necessarily translate into being a good racer. I have seen 33.1 lap people (XFG, old Blackwood) lose their plot when not being on the ideal racing line - they outbrake themselves, they look totally lost when being forced to defend their position, etc. On the contrary, people with similar pace often produce amazing races - I have had plenty of them with Acnidea, Monza, Malascurvas (spelling?), EL34 and others. Going side-by-side for most of the lap, sitting on somebody's bumper within 0.3m with no contact, even doing crazy moves and seeing an opponent being able to "take it" - that's what in my world is worth enormous respect.

Not that I am being critical - hey, it's not an easy job to be a good racer AND a good driver - but the trend described above is quite a regular sight.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Sainted - 03-20-2017

AOR Nova Wrote:Uhm, you sure they "take it"? Or are they just tolerating - it gives the same feeling though..

I am sure of many of my opponents. By "taking it" I mean the following (and in this particular sequence):

01. Recognizing you are in the middle of an intense battle for position
02. Knowing that your opponent is a clean but an aggressive racer
03. Expecting that your opponent will attempt a risky manoeuver
04. Seeing the move immediately, and not in the middle of it / after you have crashed
05. Altering your speed and racing line accordingly to a) avoid contact; b) minimize speed loss; c) attempt not to lose the position
06. Regardless of the outcome (position lost or protected), continue racing without losing your head

My "risky move" menu is quite scarse, and is mostly around overtaking on the outside and almost dive-bombing into the corner. The latter move is only done when all others have failed, and I always make sure I am able to make the corner unaided by the opponent's car. I also know a thing or two about drafting, and with LFS' over-exagerrated draft effect, one can do interesting things. For instance, not overtaking too soon, as the other guy might catch your draft and re-pass. Just hang in there, sit on his bumper, and pull out at the 150m mark. This catches plenty of people off-guard, as they think that if you'd spend the entire straight not attempting an overtake, you never will. Helped win a few races.

AOR Nova Wrote:And how actually do you "refuse to give way"?

By making anybody willing to go by race me for position. If you are faster than me, I will not yield, blink by turn signals or slow down. You will have to pass me clean. I only yield to lapping cars, which, I feel, is obvious.

AOR Nova Wrote:Might just be overly aggressive defending knocking some anger in the grid, but again, I haven't seen your driving often, advise me on this Tongue

I am quite well-known on AA servers for being very aggressive, something I take a lot of pride in. I am capable of overtaking at places which are not the end of the longest straight, and not only on the inside. Naturally, I sometimes make mistakes, but those are minimal. If collisions happen, these are most often due to the opponents failing to recognize the move is happening. This is, in fact, my biggest pet peeve - 85% of people I have had a chance to race against have neither spacial awareness, nor any desire to know what's happening around them. They seem to be firm in their illusion, that if I was behind them 5 seconds ago, I will remain there.

Needless to stress, that if somebody wrecks me not due to an error, but as a result of obvious attitude problem, I make sure I retalliate. Always happy to serve a ban for that, which I have on many occasions.

One can start a philosophical conversation about "why try to overtake if you know the other guy is inexperienced", but my views are dead simple: I do not run a driving school, I come to these servers to compete. I remain within racing rules at 98% of the time, I am intense, and if wrecks happen, well, be it. I have taken time to help out those guys who have either asked for help or showed their desire to learn, but the ignorant folk who prefers 10 restarts to a more thinking approach to racing - well, F... them.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - AOR Nova - 03-22-2017

Well for one.. divebombing of any sort is very frowned upon. If someone gives way and then gives you a love tap on the exit, I wouldn't be surprised.

Being overly aggressive, sometimes you get what you pay for. Tit for tat sometimes, ans you can't ban the other guy if he steps up his agressivness to get on par with you. It's something you have to go along with, as everyone else is doing so with you.

Next time, if you hear someone in chat saying "You can't do that!" or "Sainted what are you doing, you can't pass there" - you know someone is pissed at your driving, and probably a little tone-down may be needed.

RE: Deliberate crasher: F.C.Barcelona - Sainted - 03-22-2017

AOR Nova Wrote:Next time, if you hear someone in chat saying "You can't do that!" or "Sainted what are you doing, you can't pass there" - you know someone is pissed at your driving, and probably a little tone-down may be needed.

A lot of people use precisely the same phrase ("You can't pass there!") when being passed in the final corner at Blackwood. Normally these are people with limited experience or those suffering from complete absense of understanding what's around them. Having seen plenty of these people and having observed an obvious trend, I simply ignore these. Why? Because I have passed and have been passed clean on the inside and outside of that corner no problem.

It always takes both people involved to know what they are doing, which brings me back to my "able to take it" argument. Toning down my driving to please those less experienced ones - no, thank you.

If you're interested, I can share a replay of my battle with Nerwy just the other day - no crazy passing there, but strong defence and offence as situation dictates. Both know what they are doing, certain amount of deserved respect, so here we are - using the whole track as a playground, instead of "ah, can't slipstream by on the straight, have to concede the win" bullsh*t.