AirAttack Racing Forum
Please unban me - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-30.html)
+---- Forum: Complaints and other reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-47.html)
+---- Thread: Please unban me (/thread-832.html)

Please unban me - Jasonstorm374 - 12-16-2016

I would say almost 2 and a half years ago I was banned for crashing though it happened once and I apologized. It was ridiculous that I was banned for over 700 days. I would understand a ban for 12 hours or so but 700 days is very immature of that admin. Please unban me, I am a great racer who just wants to have fun on your servers once again. Username: Jasonstorm374.

RE: Please unban me - Seven - 12-17-2016

Hi Jason,

Seems you were banned by Delta, it was actually a permanent ban from our servers. Since he ain't around much these days to provide the screenshots/replays and considering it was a bloody long time ago I'll grant this.

Behave yourself, brush up on the server rules and enjoy!

Appeal granted.

RE: Please unban me - prasanths96 - 12-17-2016

(12-16-2016, 08:48 PM)Jasonstorm374 Wrote: I would say almost 2 and a half years ago I was banned for crashing though it happened once and I apologized. It was ridiculous that I was banned for over 700 days. I would understand a ban for 12 hours or so but 700 days is very immature of that admin. Please unban me, I am a great racer who just wants to have fun on your servers once again. Username: Jasonstorm374.

I'm pretty sure he must not have banned u just for crashing for permanent ban, usually hackers get that. If it was just for crashing then you must have done it numerous times. So, its not descent to judge the maturity of one of our admins for an incident which you are not even sure about it ,since it has happened years ago.  
Anyways, hope you do not show immaturity on our servers. Have fun.

RE: Please unban me - joruss - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 12:04 AM)Seven Wrote: Seems you were banned by Delta, it was actually a permanent ban from our servers. Since he ain't around much these days to provide the screenshots/replays and considering it was a bloody long time ago I'll grant this.
Why would admin have to provide any evidence?

I can't imagine saving all replays of all ppl I banned and/or remember the situation from over 2 years ago. Hell, you can ask me what I ate last week and I couldn't probably tell you with 100% confidence.

The burden of evidence should be on the banned party.

If you get banned and don't agree with the decision there's a replay stored on disk (albeit overwritten next time you join any other server) that should be plenty enough for appealing here. If he did not keep it, tough luck. (side note: are the replays still saved somewhere on server? I believe there was once such place do download it.)

In any other case permanent bans are pretty useless if such person can come crawling after some time and ask for unban because he suddenly remembered he was innocent victim and none can prove otherwise.

RE: Please unban me - Seven - 12-18-2016

I didn't say he had to, Jo. I also don't save replays specifically, they're wiped when I feel like polishing off some disk space. There was no comment in the ban detail, it was two years ago and I was in a good mood. An unban does not mean a fresh slate remember, if he messes up again, it'll more than likely be reinstated, with a ban reason for future reference. Only takes 5 seconds. Smile

I can't be a grumpy toss all the time, come on!

RE: Please unban me - joruss - 12-18-2016

Let's call it a Christmas Miracle then.

RE: Please unban me - Vim Fuego - 12-18-2016

Jasonstorm374: Your LFSW stats show evidence of using hax. If you are serious about being a good racer, you should probably start a new, clean account, otherwise any future appeals for your innocence will probably be ignored when admins check your stats. 

It may be the case that you may not even do anything wrong at the time - the admin might be checking for fastest lap holders on the server, and they see your hacked stats - and another permanent ban will come out of nowhere without warning.

You'd be best starting again from scratch.

RE: Please unban me - Jacques - 12-18-2016

An pissed admin might give 30 day ban (hell, I have..) but 700 days always has a good reason behind it.
Seven, I know you were only trying to keep it politically correct. But as JoRuss stated, proof needs to come from the banned.

Quick lfsw search shows that this great racer jasonstorm374 is quite the pilot (BL1/XRG):
0:27.160 1:00.400 1:25.650 WR-diff -0:06.510 916 laps 3.21% fuel 12 Jul 2016, 20:32
Makes one wonder why he was originally banned. Smile

RE: Please unban me - Seven - 12-19-2016

You guys are far more into the investigation than I am. I forget LFSW exists sometimes! Tongue Now who feels a bit silly.

RE: Please unban me - AOR Nova - 12-19-2016

Agreed on Jacques' and Vim's take that the incident might have been a pretty huge one to spark such a long ban (insert reason here) but then again agreeing with Seven and how he's taken this situation and let it go after so long.

What's done is done, hopefully the long away-time has indeed changed this Jasonstorm374.

... although I do suggest him starting on a new account to clear up any possible future rows.
Always keep in mind we can indeed reban him if he is up to something again Smile