AirAttack Racing Forum
Abuse, revenge voting - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Abuse, revenge voting (/thread-818.html)

Abuse, revenge voting - Sainted - 10-23-2016

Want to bring something to the admins attention. This is a situation that has started on MRc GTI server, and most recently continued at AA.

Below is my post on MRc's forum describing the beginning of the problem.

Not gonna help my case that I don't have a replay of the incident, but it may probably be recovered from the server, or provided by Monza.

On Thursday 20th October we were doing another 4-lap race at [MRc]Blackwood GTI. 1st lap of the race, we are 3-wide on the back straight with Reject, myself and another guy. Monza is probably 3-4 car lengths in front, all by himself. I am on the inside, but coming to T3 the Skoda-skinned guy massively misses his braking point and crashes into Monza. Monza subsequently misses the corner, rejoins, and then immediately bans me for 12 hours.

Needless to say, there has been no discussion between him and me or anyone else. Just a ban on the spot.

I come back today (Saturday, 22nd), and ask Monza if he wants to apologize for his mistake. His immediate response is "You crashed me" and another 12-hour ban.

I take a serious issue with this kind of behaviour. Myself and Monza have had a lot of very clean and hard battles, and he has never complained about my driving. I believe there is some mutual respect, and we genuinely have fun racing each other and having an occasional chat. He has [recently?] got some admin rights, and he has put them to good use quickly banning extreme crashers, but he has always issued them prior warnings, and only banning when those guys failed to behave reasonably.

Therefore, if there is a chance to recover a replay of the incident, or a message log, that will clearly show who has had contact with whom, I kindly ask the senior admins to review the incident and also Monza's subsequent actions. As of now, I completely disagree with being blamed for something I had taken no part in, and the subsequent 12h ban for initiating a conversation about the case is totally inacceptable.

This evening I meet Monza on AA GTI, and he immediately starts ranting "EAT MY s**t, LIAR" (in CAPSLOCK). Gets kicked for his language, comes back, calls me a "complainer, blocker, crasher", and initiates a vote, which gets support from guys I've never seen before...
------------------------------------------------------------

As I've said in the beginning of the post, I do not have the replays to support my case, but as Monza has got further complains on MRc from fellow members, this might point that he is on some agenda or is just having one of those weeks.

I suggest it would be beneficial to all of us if admins take a closer look at the guy's antics and take action where required.

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - Sainted - 10-24-2016

... more on the case, pretty self-explanatory.

We enter one race, Monza crashes me on purpose twice within 1 lap, openly saying he's gonna crash the hell out of me.

In the ZIP are excerpts of my attempt to have a sensible conversation with him.

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - Vim Fuego - 10-25-2016

Well, I'm no psychiatrist, but it seems like Monza is projecting his life difficulties onto you. Can't really give any advice other than don't let him bait you.

We could ban him for a time, but then he might just start picking fights with everyone he sees as being against him.

Another option we could consider is giving you temporary L0 rights so he can't initiate kicks or bans against you on AA servers. That won't stop him from crashing you, but this may annoy others enough to encourage them to vote ban him themselves.

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - Sainted - 10-25-2016

Vim,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I appreciate your L0 offer, but I believe this would further infuriate him, which is likely to result in even more mayhem. I feel it would be better to let it ride out - despite Monza paying particularly close attention to me, he has actually lost his admin status on MRc after he verbally abused (same style) and tried to ban another LIMAD.

The most (or the only) confusing element of this all is the unexpectedness of such behaviour - I have raced him for almost two years, never had a problem, always clean good racing, friendly communication, and then all of a sudden this.

I will keep an eye on him. If this kind of behaviour continues, I may be forced to prepare a proper report with replays and stuff. I am quite concerned by what's happening on otherwise a very good server.

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - Seven - 10-25-2016

Finally! You provide us with some sort of proof with screenshots! But for god's sake remember to press "2" and save a replay. Makes life so much better. Tongue

Screenshot 1 - Our server kicked him for his language... That's one thing served.
Screeny 2 - Damn, someone didn't get their milk and cookies.
Shot treeee - Swearing again.
Scree' sho' fo' - Abusive.

Warning for Monza. Any further issues with him and a ban will be issued on our servers for being abusive to other players which is a violation of our mental "Rule 1" which is to respect everyone. We treat all our players equally so whether they are an Admin elsewhere is not our problem if that's how they behave themselves on our servers. The fact Monza brought something from their server to ours is his problem.

Please, please remember to press "2" next time it happens and save the replay. Your best option is to even set it to auto-save a replay so that you will always have footage. It's what I do and I just take the extra 5 minutes to delete them all when my mpr folder gets a bit too big. (Maybe once a year).

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - AOR Nova - 10-25-2016

Raced with Monza a couple o times before this year (not recent, but recent enough), and I have to say he had always been a good, clean and respectful racer.

Something must've cropped up to make him lose his marbles, I hope everything's still fine on his end...

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - Seven - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 02:33 PM)AOR Nova Wrote: Raced with Monza a couple o times before this year (not recent, but recent enough), and I have to say he had always been a good, clean and respectful racer.

Something must've cropped up to make him lose his marbles, I hope everything's still fine on his end...

Sainted literally said in the OP they had a bit of a dispute over at another server, hence why he had a stab over on our server too.

RE: Abuse, revenge voting - AOR Nova - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 05:27 PM)Seven Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 02:33 PM)AOR Nova Wrote: Raced with Monza a couple o times before this year (not recent, but recent enough), and I have to say he had always been a good, clean and respectful racer.

Sainted literally said in the OP they had a bit of a dispute over at another server, hence why he had a stab over on our server too.

Caught that bit, however, still strange of him to act like he did.
Had raced with him instances where he got crashed out and he never seemed to blow up as much as he did. Oh wells :/