AirAttack Racing Forum
An intriguing read - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: An intriguing read (/thread-807.html)

An intriguing read - AOR Nova - 09-02-2016

Greetings everyone!

Would like to make a suggestion which could help the activity side of the team and it's servers Smile

Been on the various FBM servers, and I've noticed a handful of racers who would like to see a "elite", if you put it that way, FBM server. A server in which is based on rating, best lap, and experience, to bring out the best of the best in terms of racing.
A few people have brought this up, such as SnuxFox, a FBM racer as well, that the racing in the regular FBM servers, although exciting, and very active, can be sometimes a dread, annoyance due to inexperienced drivers in amongst the ones who can drive. Not limited to the FBM class, the GTi class is relatable too.

Crashes happen very often, as well as hackers, tweakers, just to name the few occurances.

Back on to the point, what I'd like to put forward, is a FBM server (and GTi, for that matter, seperate of course), run by us, that would cover the more high-class aspect of the LFS demo-based community.
It would be set up along (as an example) these lines :

> The racer must have at least 85% or higher rating in the particular car class in any team Airio server (MRc, AA, AMG)
(Meaning for FBM, he/she must have 85% rt in the AA Demo FBM server, or if he is in GTi class, then 85% rt in the GTi server, etc)
> The racer must have a Airio-based, no tweak 1:13.30 or lower laptime for FBM, 1:34.00 or lower laptime for GTi
> The racer must have sufficient LFS experience (to be deemed)
Failure to meet any of these set regulations would mean he/she would not be able to participate in the Elite server of his class.

---------------------------------------------
This would help with server activity on both sides, as the Elite Server gets active, more would join the regular servers to try to better their skill to meet the criteria.
This would mean all our servers would probably get activity!

Also, we would also be able to find more potential members for our team from the Elite server, that we never seen or considered before. And since they're online, they would be active members, and that's what we strive to look out for.

It'll also be a change, not saying that you can't race in the regular servers (heck, the racing's probably more exciting there!), but, there would be a choice, and choices matter in how the public views our service to the community.

No one, I think, has done this, ignoring the default "PB Time limit" in Airio servers.

Just a pointer to consider, I hope it's been a good read, and, if any suggestions, or support, will be gladly appreciated!

Cheers

edit : Moved from Team Mgt
Note : Highlighted by buddy fnatic, this has been done before a time ago? However, possible to have a re look into whether it could be done again in present Smile

RE: An intriguing read - fnatic - 09-02-2016

Unfortunately back in the past we have had the server named [AA] formula pro or [AA] genuine racing, i can't quite remember the exact naming , but it was launched the same way you have described in your post, and the result was not something we expected, rather empty all the time. i don't expect anything else this time either as the years go and lfs becomes more sluggish and you know by your self that currently the only fbm crowded server is MRc..

RE: An intriguing read - joruss - 09-03-2016

Someone has this "great idea that will fill servers" at least once a year :-)

It's a vicious circle with lfs server attendance. If you have PRO server you rarely have enough good drivers at once to have a decent race (outside of regular events) and 95% of time they are empty or just people chatting and dicking around. This gets event worse with diminishing lfs userbase.

RE: An intriguing read - AOR Nova - 09-03-2016

(09-03-2016, 08:54 AM)joruss Wrote: Someone has this "great idea that will fill servers" at least once a year :-)

It's a vicious circle with lfs server attendance. If you have PRO server you rarely have enough good drivers at once to have a decent race (outside of regular events) and 95% of time they are empty or just people chatting and dicking around. This gets event worse with diminishing lfs userbase.

Very true... sadly.. :-(

RE: An intriguing read - Vim Fuego - 09-06-2016

We have a GTi server called AA Masters GTi for just this purpose, but it doesn't get used.

I think despite all of the complaining, most drivers just want to race on the most populated servers regardless of whether the other drivers are pro or not...

A valid alternative to this idea would be to start an S2/3 server - just the cost of the license is enough to put off most of the people who are out to simply cause grief and mayhem...

RE: An intriguing read - Seven - 09-20-2016

Someone really needs to crack down on the spam filter around here... It's not hard.