AirAttack Racing Forum
Admin rights abuse - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-30.html)
+---- Forum: Complaints and other reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-47.html)
+---- Thread: Admin rights abuse (/thread-704.html)

Pages: 1 2

Admin rights abuse - Sainted - 05-22-2015

Entered the server. Spent around 4 minutes there. Never spoke with anyone, turned 3 laps by myself, never touched anyone.

The following dialogue takes place:

Jacques: Sainted, playing by the server rules, or by your own?
Sainted: My my own.
Jacques: Ok, bye.

And he kicked me.

With all the past history and all, but what is this?

... and a development.

Returned to the server, did one race, finished a lap back.

Jacques: Sainted, yes, I see you still use your own rules.

And banned me for 4 days.
----------------------------------------

I consider this to be over the top and is clearly taking personal revenge having no excuse for this.

I expect to be reinstated ASAP, as I won't be able to take part in the Invitational.

RE: Admin rights abuse - Energy - 05-22-2015

Can you add an replay please?
Obviously if you play in our servers you should respect our rules, but in this case I don't see the point of the kick if was just an comment.
Again, without any replay I can't say or do anything about

RE: Admin rights abuse - Sainted - 05-22-2015

I was not saving a replay. Again, as I said, this dialogue is the only action that transpired.

RE: Admin rights abuse - viraaj5555 - 05-22-2015

Replay1 (kick) : http://files.rackservice.org:280/AAmpr/AA%20Blackwood%20GTI/BL1_race_4L_12R_11F_38.mpr
Replay2 (ban) : http://files.rackservice.org:280/AAmpr/AA%20Blackwood%20GTI/BL1_race_4L_11R_8F_9.mpr

Lovely, so what was the reason for a) kick; b) ban?

RE: Admin rights abuse - Energy - 05-22-2015

I downloaded it, have to go but when I get back i'll watch it

RE: Admin rights abuse - Seven - 05-22-2015

Watched both the replays. Wow.

Fair enough in the first replay if he felt if your attitude didn't change, why bother but perhaps a little harsh on the straight up kick. Everyone who joins our server as a general AA player would respect our rules, if they don't match what they want in a server they can make a suggestion, or if they really don't agree they'll find a server that works for them. At AA I should clear up, we are not an elitist group and so we adjust our style of racing to be more forgiving than that of a licensed league event for example. I think you're looking for a server where you can race hardcore all the time, unfortunately that's not us. We accept the hardcore racers, so long as they can be forgiving to those less skilled.

Second replay:
1:37 was a move I would not have done. I'd have backed off and stayed behind him there, that was a a little irrational and warrant an apology. If I saw it, I'd have warned you.

Sainted, thank you for your contribution to the community in suggesting an event that sparked my interest in running events again. No doubt you will have credit for that idea regardless if you race or not. Frankly at this point I have to agree with Jacques from what I've seen and especially since you said yourself you drive like that all the time with whoever is around you. As I said talking about the first replay, I think you're looking for an elitist server where you can race without holding back; we aren't like that here. If you return to our servers with an altered attitude to match ours and our players' I welcome you and although I can't speak for Jacques, he would welcome you as well.

RE: Admin rights abuse - Jacques - 05-22-2015

Now, I´ll be short. After what played here last time, Sainted made his opinion of me and our server rules very clear. Today my question was clear, and he was answered honestly no: He will not obey our server rules. And no, I didn´t need to see more than one case of him staying true to his word. Why is he even racing at our servers when he clearly does not respect our rules?

Seven, you can unban him for the event if you wish, but otherwise this ban will stay.

RE: Admin rights abuse - Seven - 05-22-2015

Jacques, after what I've heard and now witnessed - and trusting Sainted stays true to his word - the ban will stay as far as I'm concerned. Unless he promises he can change his attitude to be more forgiving, that is. No doubt if the event is successful it will be run again so it's not like it's a missed opportunity.

So, you are clearly curious to know what I think.

I will not change my racing under any circumstance. I consider my racing absolutely fine, however I do acknowledge that I could do with a bit cooler head in the heat of the battle sometimes. For some obscure reason I have 93+ racing on other server while being in the thick of the battle all the time. Probably because the racers there actually race, and don't enter the corner thinking "I'm ahead, so I have the right of racing line, so I don't need to care about him - he will either let me go unchallenged or get banned." I have zero respect to that rule, and having been an avid fan of real life motorsports as long as I remember myself, I have never seen that rule used anywhere. Indeed, sticking a car inside at the very last moment is considered somewhat opportunistic, but never has anyone been reprimanded for this.

As far as my attidude goes - I am entitled to my opinion regardless of my status on the server. To be more particular, I judge people by their actions, and I am happy to leave past in the past. However, I don't take kicks and bans on the basis of 'general image' and even more so because I don't necessarily share the admins' view on racing etiquette.

In other words, if you guys ban people based on their beliefs, I can opently state that I have zero respect for Jacques, and you are welcome to issue a 999-day ban because of this.