AirAttack Racing Forum
AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] (/thread-700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-17-2015

Thank Sainted for the idea and sparking my own interest to help it grow. Tongue

I've been helping him through everything thus far, planning, forums, etc and on the day I'll be talking him through running events. Do that a few times and he'll be able to do it alone hopefully and possibly pave himself a good path. Smile

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - fnatic - 05-17-2015

sounds fun, count me in friends

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Caedrion - 05-17-2015

Gents ,if we get an great inflow of ppl (hopefully) and ppl cant participate couldn't we get the event to run on 2 servers, as in moto GP the GP2/GP3 and other racing formats, top 12 qualified > one server - bottom 12 > another server ? it would certainly pack things more tightly regarding times differences leading to more eventful races i guess.

Im most definately thinking too far ahead i know, mea culpa =) and the focus is on making this work firstly,but if things do go well just sth to keep in mind as a possibility.

Br,
nFs

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-17-2015

If in the event that happens it could be done I guess. Bear in mind only 12 can be on track so the qualifying list would only be 12 drivers as well.

We'd need a backup server though that I have access to so I can set the qualifying and race formats.

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - RatRug - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 11:46 PM)Jacques Wrote: Sam´s alive!! Smile

I'm always here Wink

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - senna - 05-17-2015

1 suggestion: Did you calculated the time loss you get if you don't bypass the pitstop and get in the pits, go with 80, stop, tyre change, start, go 80 and leave pits?
Could bypassing the pits and +30secs penalty be advantageous than doing the pit stop including tyre change?

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Sainted - 05-18-2015

Pit entry + 1 second stop + pit exit is around 14 seconds if done properly. Hence my suggestion of 30 seconds. This has been carefully thought through.

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-18-2015

From testing the results are:
Maximum pit speed, pit stop (no work): 16 seconds. (50-0 skipping least boxes possible at both ends of pitlane).
Maximum speed, pit stop (tire change): 28 seconds. (50-0 skipping least boxes possible at both ends of pitlane).

By recording each driver who enters the pits with confirmation from the lap times, there's no slipping from this. Skipping the pitstop and earning a 45 second penalty is certainly worse off. Reading this I remembered the penalty was left at 30, that was something to be changed! :S

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-22-2015

This is your reminder that the event is taking place TOMORROW on the [AA] Demo GTI server at 1900 CET (Click for conversions) (1800 UK-time, UTC). Drivers should aim to be online no later than 1920 so they can qualify.

Here's the schedule (times in CET):
1900 : Participants are connected to the server (and TeamSpeak if they wish). Qualification starts.
1920 : Deadline for drivers to connect.
1930 : Qualification stops and gridding starts.
~1930 : Race start, 30 laps, 1 mandatory tire change pit stop.
~2020 : Race ends.
~2040 : Results posted here.

See you there! Smile

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Sainted - 05-22-2015

I won't be taking part, as I have just been banned from the server by Jacques for no reason.

Have a great race, and if it turns out to be a good one, I am happy to be the one who has put the idea forward.