AirAttack Racing Forum
AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] (/thread-700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-16-2015

Announcement

We are delighted to announce a very special race event that will take place on our server. Please note, that despite the "Invitational" bit in the title, everybody is welcome to participate, as long as entry criteria are met.

Having completed thousands of 4-lap sprint races we thought it would be cool to see who's really quick. It's an open secret, that key to winning a 4-lapper is surviving Turn 1, and if you are reasonably fast, you stand a good chance for a good result. But what if we make the race longer? Like, 30 laps. What if we throw a compulsory pitstop in? What if we implement the pace car, that will help those victims of someone else's mess repair the car, catch up with the field, and then storm through the pack for an upset victory? But before all this, what if your starting position is determined by a qualifying session, which will reflect on your actual pace, instead of a random-drawn grid?

I'd love to say that we thought about it long and hard, but we didn't. As soon as the idea was thrown in, it gained great support. So...

Name: AirAttack Invitational 100.
Date: Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 1900 CET (Click for conversions)
Server: [AA] Demo GTi
Vehicles: XFG & XRG, any setup
Maximum entrants: 12

Criteria for entry

1. Any driver entering the event must have a Personal Best (PB) time of 1:35:00 or less in XFG or XRG on an [AA] server.
2. Current Safety rating should be 80% or above. Exception will be given to those known drivers who are known for their good driving, but have been wiped off by crashers. We understand that these things are sometimes beyond your own control.

Race format

1. The event begins with a 30-minute qualifying session. All drivers are welcome to drive as many laps during the session, trying to post the best laptime possible. The better the time at the conclusion of the session, the higher the grid spot.
2. The race is 30 laps long.
3. Each driver must make a compulsory pit stop AND tire change. This will be enforced, any driver failing to make the pit stop correctly will be penalized by having 45 seconds added to their total race time.
4. In in the event of an accident deemed hazardous to the rest of the field by race officials, the pace car will be deployed. This will be explained further down.

Pace car / caution flag rule

Should there be an accident race control deem hazardous to the rest of the field, the Pace Car will be deployed. This period of time is the Caution Period.

1. If there are 11 or less drivers on the track, there will be an actual Pace Car exiting the pits at the end of the current lap and picking up the field at 80kph / 50mph.
2. If there are 12 drivers on the track, the leader will be instructed by race control to slow down to 80kph/50mph. The race leader will be expected to abide by these instructions immediately, contact will be made in general chat AND an on-screen message.
3. The pit lane is CLOSED during the Caution Period - only to be used by the cars who crashed if instructed by Race Control. The pit stop available to the cars instructed will not count towards their compulsory pit stop meaning they still need to complete a pit stop and tire change should they have not done so already. These cars will then be directed to the back of the field by race control.
4. The field must catch up with the leader and proceed single-file at the speed mentioned above.
5. Tire warming is allowed.
6. If the Pace Car is on the field, it will be announced that the Pace Car will return to the pits at the end of that lap. The field MUST stay at 80kmh/50mph until the Green Flag message is said in chat and on-screen. Failure to abide by this will incur a 30 second penalty added to your total race time.
7. No hanging back is allowed in an effort to jump positions on the restart. All drivers must maintain a distance of 1-2 car lengths to the car in front until the Restart.
8. Race control will do it's best to inform drivers of the situation on the track via on-screen messages.

In-race communication

We recommend to refrain from extensive chatting in the race main window. This is a major distraction for those competing for the win. We recommend to use TeamSpeak, so that we could speak to each other during the race. We also advise that TeamSpeak is used for race-related talk, race announcements, and any irrelevant dialogue is not recommended.

The language of the chat and all the announcements is English. We appreciate that not everybody is fluent, however we believe it is important for everybody to be online and be able to listen to what's going on.

TeamSpeak details are:

- Download client at www.teamspeak.com
- Connect to server 49.50.246.247:9108
- Password is airattack2015

I personally recommend the 'auto-detection' mode where the program will detect you speaking and switch the microphone on automatically. This will prevent you from searching for that 'Speak' button and crashing like an idiot in a middle of the track. Confused

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - dft_seth - 05-16-2015

I'm in like flinn Smile)

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - joruss - 05-16-2015

Count me in. Barely meeting the criteria though, lol...

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Seven - 05-16-2015

I'm on 1:34.2x I think and I'm helping Sainted organize it! XD

Could we get an ad on the server with a link to this thread please? I think we'll be disrupting an event that day on Demo Racing if I'm not mistaken...?

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - RatRug - 05-16-2015

I'll race.

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Mikke - 05-16-2015

i wont race, but good luck to all Smile

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Jacques - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:34 PM)Sam Wrote: I'll race.

Sam´s alive!! Smile

Seven, sry for late suggestion - what if the event would be held on Demo GTI. No automatic events there to be disabled, and the server has been empty for quite some time. In general for ad hoc GTI events its free for use.

I'm quite happy to host there instead, Jacques. Much better idea - thanks. Smile

RE: AirAttack Invitational 100 [All welcome!] - Jacques - 05-17-2015

Np, and thanks for organizing the event! Smile