AirAttack Racing Forum
Lately iv'e been playing.. - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Other Games (https://airattackteam.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Forum: Other Games (https://airattackteam.com/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: Lately iv'e been playing.. (/thread-691.html)

Pages: 1 2

Lately iv'e been playing.. - Caedrion - 05-09-2015

Just continuing the conversation with Seven, (do join in btw =). ) regarding earlier times and other games played or still playing, other than Racing Sim's.

On topic currently only playing Guild wars 2, Buy to play model, great community and more of a skill game, unlike World of Warcraft's monthly fee, which I've since quit playing, ( nth rly new and too many blatant class imbalances that end up never getting addressed ,kinda ruined it for me ) so the MMo craving is sorted.

Became a back for Star Citizen , but its on a " it will be released when it ready" , and it seems that will take some time to get there.

Diablo 3 > Skyrim > Battlefield 3 > Battlefield 2 F2P ( a bad BF2 tbh )= ) > Heartsone (cards game like magic the gathering, wow themed) > Heroes of the storm ( Like LoL ) > LoL at some point too =) > Warframe ( space ninjas , nuff said ^^ ) > Hawken ( Mechs game ) > World of tanks > Team fortress 2 and a few more.

All and all ,a somewhat diversified list and on a availability schedule =S so pretty much on/off ,more off than on most of the times .

Do share your list guys, would be nice to know were we all come from game wise, and might even be that we've met elsewhere playing sth totally unrelated to LFS ^^.

Regards,
nFs

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - dft_seth - 05-09-2015

So, i'l share what i'm stuck on for the last 3 years, besides the holy lfs Smile, so here i go: microsoft flight sim 9, 10 and p3d(lately) than someone turned me in to an armaholic with arma 2( all the variations, dayz as well) monday i might join arma 3 community just because it's on sales at half the price, oh oh totaly an rfactor fan(moded offcourse), some iracing, ets 2( just for pure couriosity), some war tunder, not a grate fan of this type of games but i had to try some gta5(tryed it so much that i finnished it twice...) and right now i'm trying project cars ( not shure if it's me but some of the cars understeer way to much) omfg on the looks of this sim! ehm some other games but nothing that worth playin so i dnt remember half of em'.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Seven - 05-09-2015

I tend to play less games and more of a few games.

I started on RuneScape for a good 4 odd years, even paid for membership (as you do with mommy's credit card) as a twelvie). Then I started playing Minecraft. Played that for a year or two and came to LFS a lot.

Full list of games I picked up over the years: DayZ (Arma II Mod), Audiosurf, Farming Simulator 2013, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Counter Strike: Source, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Worms Armageddon, World of Tanks, Minecraft, Live For Speed. (On console: GTA5, GTA4, PGR3).

Recently I was heavily into Counter Strike Global Offensive and I'm now paying the price, I'm not that into it at all right now. Playing a lot of Minecraft, Live For Speed and Euro Truck Simulator 2. Those are my top 3 right now with GTA5 on the console now and then.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Caedrion - 05-09-2015

Did gave War thunder a go but ended up dropping it Seth =( and aye Pcars is on the to buy list here =), hopefully @ some point AA can have members there as well ^^, providing the game pull trough as sorts what most seem to point out as somewhat lacking on the physics department, Well unless one is behind a real car in a real race , pretty much anything will be found lacking to some degree or another -_- ! slap everything on MAX and drool =P

The Battlefield series ,after the good old quake 3 ,have to be some of my favorite and most time consuming of my gaming experience ,on their latest installment they managed to remove all team play out of the game so wont even give it a try . Might take a peek @ Arma tho ,as after dice teamed with EA it became all about the money, DLC festival on a monthly base O_o, kinda screwing up what has always been ,( for the most part ) a skill based game imo.

CS was sth i could never rly get into Seven, i try to go for a tactical approach and the fact thac BF has vehicles totally changes the game for me , as it opens a ton of possibilities that otherwise you wont have, 10 guys camping the Obj ??? no prob , grab a tank and literally snipe them off the map, or at least provide supporting fire for your squad to go in and clear it up Wink. used to win rounds on a sand buggy just driving around road killing ppl ^^.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - joruss - 05-09-2015

Lately you say...
After years of trying (unsuccessfully) to run flight unlimited on windows 8 the brilliant idea particle has struck the right brain part and I tried to run it with wine on linux, and go figure... it works! I can fly my little white glider again! Smile

Other than this it's mostly lfs and adventure games (currently broken sword 4) and occasionally unreal tournament 2k4.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Caedrion - 05-09-2015

OMG !!!!! You of all ppl ???? a UT player ??? NOOOOOOO =(((( why o God why ?? =(

At great risk of finding myself dead in some alley ill still type it > Get to quake 3 online and see what a REAL FPS is about =P

Assassins Creed series Joruss u ever gave it a go ? Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag my personal fav as it has sailing on it, love the sea fights ever since the old Sea Dogs came out, Metro last light is also great , haven't finished it yet sadly.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - joruss - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 07:36 PM)Caedrion Wrote: OMG !!!!! You of all ppl ???? a UT player ??? NOOOOOOO =(((( why o God why ?? =(
*loled*

(05-09-2015, 07:36 PM)Caedrion Wrote: At great risk of finding myself dead in some alley ill still type it > Get to quake 3 online and see what a REAL FPS is about =P
I went through a lot of them during my life... Duke nukem (almost) 3d, rise of the triad, blood 1, blood2, descent, terminal velocity doom, q1,q2, hexen, ut1, ut2, and yes, q3 as well so don't be afraid :-)

If my memory serves me right, when q3 came to the market I had whooping 19fps on my p1@166MHz equipped with voodoo2 accelerator ;-)

Ut2k3 introduced great game modes - bombing run and double domination. With ut2k4 came Onslaught. Add to this wide range of vehicles and flight equipment and (even now) decent level of visual effects it's IMO the complete package.

(05-09-2015, 07:36 PM)Caedrion Wrote: Assassins Creed series Joruss u ever gave it a go ? Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag my personal fav as it has sailing on it, love the sea fights ever since the old Sea Dogs came out, Metro last light is also great , haven't finished it yet sadly.
Nope. Don't feel I need to. And to be frank I'd probably have to buy some graphic card first Big Grin

Lately (last 3 years) I kept my eye on watch dogs... but I'm not there yet. Still plenty of games to go through stored safely on gog.com Tongue

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Seven - 05-09-2015

Battlefield is something I want to get when I get a better computer. By then Battlefield 7 would have come out! Tongue

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Fatal Unfair - 05-09-2015

Lately? Ugh, some Old School RuneScape, CS:GO, Cities: Skylines, Skyrim, GTA V, Civilization IV.... Also tried Heroes of the Storm but guess it's not my type of game. I propably have around 100 games in total but I don't play them all. A lot of the games I play are fairly time consuming.

RE: Lately iv'e been playing.. - Caedrion - 05-10-2015

@ Joruss - 19 FPS u were king on the servers =P i had a Geforce 2 ti at the time and felt i could rule to world /flex. Loved the 1vs1 instagib and clan scrims before ladder games, great fun rly.

@ Seven - if the trend continues the BF series is for all intents and purposes dead, no team play , just a glorified CoD with vehicles atm..

@ Fatal - the Total War franchise mate , do check Rome and Shogun total war , Rome MUST be updated tho , having pikemen not lifting their pikes on a cavalry charge and effectively getting owned on the 1st charge sucked -_- !!!