AirAttack Racing Forum
A proper race weekend proposal - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: A proper race weekend proposal (/thread-687.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - fnatic - 05-07-2015

and lets keep fbm aside as always ):

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Caedrion - 05-07-2015

Well the idea came from someone who plays Gti hence the current focus of it, but ,tbh ,i don't see why this event cant run at the same time on FBM mate.

There might be a need for someone from the FBM section to take up the management banner during the race, in a sense not to get everything on top of the same person id guess, up to management =) other than that , whatever gets decided as a model would be applied on both i reckon ,so all input would be appreciated =) ,id even like to see something of the sorts transpire to Rally X at some point in time , like i said before ,the 4/5 laps on pretty much EVERY LFS server can get pretty tasteless .

Regards,
nFs

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-07-2015

I could always use my alt. account. Tongue

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Sainted - 05-07-2015

I think I'll be forced to pull out of this event. Won't make it on RT - every time I on the the server, I get the RT below 85% because of all the crashers there.

Can't race, can't complete a race, can't drive without getting rammed by some fucking morons thinking this is Need For Speed or Carmageddon.

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - joruss - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Sainted Wrote: Can't race, can't complete a race, can't drive without getting rammed by
Lol.. you seem to be nicely worked up about things Big Grin
Believe, it's not worth it... Go the 'zen' road and have a laugh at them. Brake early and straight and see them fly past trying to crash non-existent you in the corner. It's almost as satisfying as a good laptime :-)
(05-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Sainted Wrote: some fucking morons thinking this is Need For Speed or Carmageddon.
They probably suck there as well, that's why the moved to lfs ;-)

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-08-2015

Don't let some crashers ruin your fun. Save the replay, report them in the correct section on the forums and they will be dealt with. Unfortunately sh** happens, even in the big leagues. I've seen some top racers act like kids sometimes. Can't get away from it anywhere in life...

Life goes on! Smile

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Jacques - 05-09-2015

(05-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Sainted Wrote: I think I'll be forced to pull out of this event. Won't make it on RT - every time I on the the server, I get the RT below 85% because of all the crashers there.

Can't race, can't complete a race, can't drive without getting rammed by some fucking morons thinking this is Need For Speed or Carmageddon.

You know, if RT is important to you - just go to Demo GTI or Demo Racing servers and make a few laps there. I know quite a few who have used this loophole to better their statistics. Wink

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Caedrion - 05-09-2015

Its a win/win situation rly, Empty server = free track to test/practice your lines and safely push it a tad more chasing a new !pb and the !rt gets a little more % on it , cool beans imo.

Wile i know that racing on an empty server might not appeal to some that crave for a challenge , personally , id go for a chance of a new !pb over a few 1st positions on a race.
Been doing it recently as part of manual clutch practice and if ppl join in the better, 2 servers with ppl racing = win ^^.

Regards,
nFs

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Caedrion - 05-10-2015

Guys , back on topic now ,reckon we should make a poll to sort the format or should we get more input on the details ?

I know we still have 2 full weeks ahead of us , but getting sidetracked is a possibility, plus if the idea to run the event on more than just GTi is to have green light things should get sorted the earlier the better, imo .

Would the events run at the same time or ? Seven would take into his wing both of them or can we find anyone to give him a hand ?
More importantly the format can it be shared , copy/paste = GO , or things need to change to better suit each racing category ?

Regards,
nFs

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-10-2015

You could update the OP with the vote on the date. May 23rd is still a good one for me. Perhaps better to push it back to may 30th now - wow the time flies!

In terms of format I haven't seen anything too different than what you posted a little bit ago:
I have amended sections that I've seen updated.
(05-06-2015, 10:15 AM)Sainted Wrote: - Everybody welcome to participate, as long as their PB is < 1:35:00
- Each driver has 30 minutes to set a time during the qualifying session
- During qualifying, where you finish on the leaderboard is your position in the grid.
- Race is 30 laps with 1 compulsory pitstop where you must change all tires; you can pit whenever you like.
- Pace Car: Should there be an accident race control deems severe enough, a message will be displayed on screen. If possible, a pace car will be sent out to keep the cars in single file at 50mph/80km/h. Tire warming is allowed. While the cars involved in the accident pit the pace car will continue until formation is complete in the correct order. If a pace car can not be sent out due to numbers, the race leader will be informed to keep at this speed. When formation is complete the race will use a rolling start at the S/F line.
- The race will be called AirAttack Invitational 100, reflecting on the 99km distance
- Jacques and everyone with PB under 1:33 is banned from participation Big Grin

Sounds good to me! With running it on FBM you can just change the PB limit to 1:14 I should think?