AirAttack Racing Forum
A proper race weekend proposal - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: A proper race weekend proposal (/thread-687.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-05-2015

(05-04-2015, 05:37 PM)Jacques Wrote: Seven, we do a member to run such event if it takes place on our servers - if you would have time for that. Wink
Facebook page has been gaining on popularity oddly enough, even when our servers are suffering from inactivity. Disabling midrace joining should help with the crashers..

When we start getting suggestions for dates I can put one in my calendar so I'm available; I'm happy to pass on my knowledge - running a league / event is fun! I'm not sure if I'd be available for a repeated event unless I had the dates solid, e.g. a small series I could probably work.

If we were to do this event "properly" as it were we can do as we do in the "big" leagues - skipping the registering (only the guys who do it seriously don't mind doing that), have the server locked to <1:35 PB then everyone joins the server before [x] time and we should hopefully have all 12 cars. (That's Demo's cap). The event can then start with your 30 minute qualifier followed by gridding and then the race just as it's done IRL. Anyone who joins the server after the green flag can spectate, but not join. Any crashes can be dealt with by a pace car depending on severity and driver turnout, if the server's filled there's no point sacraficing a slot for a pace car; just hope the driver in front can keep to a speed limit if told to do so! Ahah Smile

Unfortunately a lot of leagues are best run S1/S2 because of the increased max players but we can easily make do. All this talk of events is making me want to arrange another S1/S2 league...

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Caedrion - 05-05-2015

All my thumbs up for it Seven, From S2 to Demo > Copy paste as it were, id vote for a no registry required, as some ppl might just barely make it and be available to run , were if a registry would be required i reckon ppl wouldn't bother, as simple as login in for a regular session and GL,HF =)
Is it possible to automate all of the above Seven ? in a sense not to be so taxing on the person(s) managing it ?

Concerning the reduced 12 slot limit , it might turn out for the better, given the regular server attendance + !pb & !rt restriction + specific hour of the day when the event is due to run , we might get more ppl than we can fit, worst case scenario, hopefully, one to two slots open and race on.

Getting kinda sad i never actually dedicated time to S2 at this point, not for fame and glory , but mostly for the fun it must be.

Regards,
nFs

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Sainted - 05-05-2015

The pace car rule is a great idea! So sick of these races where if you survive T1, then you are in decent shape. I would suggest that in an event of a major crash, a message should appear for the leader to slow down to 80kph (50mph), wait for the rest of the field to catch up, and then restart at the SF line.

Requires quite a lot of integrity, but we are all grown ups, hopefully...

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - dft_seth - 05-05-2015

i'm sold, sign me in! Big Grin

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-06-2015

This is your event Sainted, I'm just here to help from what I've done in the past working with GenR and participating in leagues. If you have questions, fire, myself and other people older and wiser than me can also comment as usual. I think it's time to start narrowing down the details of this event; iron out the kinks then decide a date...

30 minute qualifying.
30 lap race.(?) w/1 pit stop
>....
Take it away. Smile

@Caedrion - It's probably possibly to automate it, I'm not that deep into Airio to know, plus it's a variable that can fault where as a few simple commands can be golden - it's not intensive at all - the most intensive part is dealing with racers that yell at eachother after the race! I rarely see that in AA though. Big Grin

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Sainted - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 01:44 AM)Seven Wrote: This is your event Sainted, I'm just here to help from what I've done in the past working with GenR and participating in leagues. If you have questions, fire, myself and other people older and wiser than me can also comment as usual. I think it's time to start narrowing down the details of this event; iron out the kinks then decide a date...

30 minute qualifying.
30 lap race.(?) w/1 pit stop
>....
Take it away. Smile

@Caedrion - It's probably possibly to automate it, I'm not that deep into Airio to know, plus it's a variable that can fault where as a few simple commands can be golden - it's not intensive at all - the most intensive part is dealing with racers that yell at eachother after the race! I rarely see that in AA though. Big Grin

Oh come on, man! It's not my event, I only take credit for typing this idea into this forum. :-) I treat this as a community effort, where anyone interested and capable is welcome to contribute.

I vote for the following format:

- everybody welcome to participate, as long as their PB is < 1:35:00
- each driver has 30 minutes to set a time during the qualifying session
- fastest qualifier starts the race in 1st position, 2nd best - in 2nd position, and so on
- race is 30 laps with 1 compulsory pistop
- highly recommended is a proper pistop with refuelling; tire change optional
---- is there a way to enforce the fuelling? I mean, not to have drivers doing a 1s stops...
- pace car rule: should there be a big accident involving 2 or more cars crashing and coming to a standstill on the track, a leader should slow down to 80kph (50mph) and wait for the field to catch up. The leader should complete the lap at this speed, and restart the race (rolling start) at the crossing of the S/F line.
- cars should remain single file during caution laps
- the caution lap will be announced via a server message in the center of he screen (is this possible at all? :-))
- the race will be called AirAttack Invitational 100, reflecting on the 99km distance
- Jacques and everyone with PB under 1:33 is banned from participation Big Grin

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Mikke - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 10:15 AM)Sainted Wrote: - Jacques and everyone with PB under 1:33 is banned from participation Big Grin

rly... : |

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Seven - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 10:15 AM)Sainted Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 01:44 AM)Seven Wrote: *snip*

Oh come on, man! It's not my event, I only take credit for typing this idea into this forum. :-) I treat this as a community effort, where anyone interested and capable is welcome to contribute.

I vote for the following format:

- everybody welcome to participate, as long as their PB is < 1:35:00
- each driver has 30 minutes to set a time during the qualifying session
- fastest qualifier starts the race in 1st position, 2nd best - in 2nd position, and so on
- race is 30 laps with 1 compulsory pistop
- highly recommended is a proper pistop with refuelling; tire change optional
---- is there a way to enforce the fuelling? I mean, not to have drivers doing a 1s stops...
- pace car rule: should there be a big accident involving 2 or more cars crashing and coming to a standstill on the track, a leader should slow down to 80kph (50mph) and wait for the field to catch up. The leader should complete the lap at this speed, and restart the race (rolling start) at the crossing of the S/F line.
- cars should remain single file during caution laps
- the caution lap will be announced via a server message in the center of he screen (is this possible at all? :-))
- the race will be called AirAttack Invitational 100, reflecting on the 99km distance
- Jacques and everyone with PB under 1:33 is banned from participation Big Grin
Not your event? Alright, but it was your idea and a good one! Smile

1. Pitstops: Refuelling is harder to enforce than a tire change pitstop, a tire change pit is a longer stop that you can time, with refuelling people can just set 1% and be gone. Pitstops you can enforce, if they don't pit they are DQ'd at the end of the race but I'm not entirely sure Airio can enforce a pitstop. (See why I never use Airio when I'm running events? Tongue )

2. Pacecar: Again this depends on the turnout, it's much easier to send a physical car on the track but race control can also order the leader which should work just as well. Cars in the craft will have to drive around the track to pit if they wish to carry on the race, leave the pits and then get back in their place for the race to restart at S/F line (rolling as you said). If possible allowing the crashed cars to overtake the field to pit means the race can carry on at the next lap. Single file - tire warming allowed. Race control messages can be done and will be used, most efficient way of catching attention.

3. Banning Jacques: Approved. Cool
(Kidding!)

Alright, about dates... How's Saturday, May 23rd at 19:00 sound?

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Caedrion - 05-06-2015

2 pits instead of one ? do share opinion.

Other than that everything sounds ubber rly =)

RE: A proper race weekend proposal - Sainted - 05-06-2015

1. The thinking behind leaving tire change solely at drivers' discretion is that this can create multitude of strategies. I have heard some XRGs eating their rears in 8-9 laps, whereas in my XFG I have no problem running all 30 laps on a single set with no effect on my laptime. But I leave it to those who know the technicalities behind running the event. I do agree though, that fuel is a difficult thing to police.

2. There won't be a chance to pit under caution unless the field does at least one complete lap in pacecar mode. For example, if an accident happens in T1, the field completes the lap in pacecar mode and resumes the race at the end of the lap. If we go for the proper US-style pacecar, then we will lose 2-3 laps on each accident, which won't be fun by any measure. So I feel we shall view the caution mode only as a way to help the field bunch up a bit and resume close racing.

Date is fine. I guess once we get the technical side sorted, we can do a vote here on the forum with a couple of alternative dates to offer.