AirAttack Racing Forum
Assetto Corsa - How Many? - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Other Games (https://airattackteam.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Forum: Other Racing Sims (https://airattackteam.com/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Assetto Corsa - How Many? (/thread-565.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Assetto Corsa - How Many? - meddc - 09-20-2014

Just by a show of hands, how many of our members, or indeed anyone who races AA/LFS also plays Assetto Corsa? Or if not, any definite plans to do so?

I've been playing it a little bit recently and the multiplayer is now really quite good. Interested to see how much interest there'd be for us starting an AA Assetto Corsa server and whether there are enough members playing AC to keep it visible.

For info, MRc already have a server, which I joined last night - GT2 cars at Monza, and it was full.

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - fnatic - 09-20-2014

i wish to buy that game and a wheel in the future, watched many videos on youtube, definitely entertaining and worth attention.

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - Fatal Unfair - 09-20-2014

I own it with my friends and we always have so many problems hosting/having our own private driving sessions that I've started to hate it... Also, I don't have any setups there and no clue how to make setups making me lose a lot of time to people who actually know how to create setups Sad

Also AC just doesn't have that LFS feel.. Tongue

I also feel that AC's earlier versions might be reason why my wheel's force feedback has gone weak...

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - meddc - 09-20-2014

(09-20-2014, 09:07 AM)Fatal Unfair link Wrote: I own it with my friends and we always have so many problems hosting/having our own private driving sessions that I've started to hate it... Also, I don't have any setups there and no clue how to make setups making me lose a lot of time to people who actually know how to create setups Sad

Also AC just doesn't have that LFS feel.. Tongue

I also feel that AC's earlier versions might be reason why my wheel's force feedback has gone weak...
Yes, you really need to dial down the force feedback. But once done, I think it's not at all bad. Cars can be quite difficult to correct once you lose grip - easy to spin out - but I'm thinking this is probably more realistic than LFS. Personally, I think both AC and LFS are better in different ways. Have had some really fun multiplayer races on AC now. Only problem is no in-game chat (unless there's an app for that, it only seems available from the pits) and the usual numpties who crash you when rejoining the track or when you try to pass them.

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - viraaj5555 - 09-20-2014

I cannot see the option - I would like to play it but my pc doesn't run it  :-[

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - RatRug - 09-20-2014

Playing it regularly. I was considering making a thread like this yesterday  Tongue

Although haven't been playing much online recently, mainly just driving the Lotus 98t around Monza/Imola. So much fun in that car, and so difficult to drive. Online though I've tended to stick to the GT3's, as usually I'm pretty quick in them. I've actually found the online system more annoying then before, but that's probably just me not understanding it properly.

Would be great to see an AA server, I'd certainly use it a lot. With the way the lfs servers are going, maybe trying an AC one would be a good idea.

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - Jacques - 09-20-2014

I´ve had the game since it first came available through Steam. But played it only once/twice last summer and thats it. Airio has done so much for LFS that I need something similiar on AC to get properly excited..

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - joruss - 09-20-2014

I'm worried they'll do to AC the same what the did to nkPro. Once they get excited about something new, they may abandon it too.

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - prasanths96 - 09-20-2014

Is there a demo version of AC?  Tongue  Or if someone else buy for me, i will be interested  C:-)

Re: Assetto Corsa - How Many? - meddc - 09-20-2014

I was racing on AC earlier today. There was a guy on there who waited on corners and destroyed the leaders on every single lap of a 10 lap race. They really need to get some controls in like LFS. It's way too difficult to initiate a kick whilst driving. Ban doesn't seem to exist. And there are no safeguards like "spectated for idling".