AirAttack Racing Forum
Forum suggestions - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://airattackteam.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Forum suggestions (/thread-549.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum suggestions - meddc - 08-14-2014

OK, so now we have our new forums - please make any suggestions for any changes/reorganization of the section. Or any suggestions on the design, e.g. fonts/colours.

Please try to keep suggestions specific, i.e. "I'd like to see x" or "The gold colour should be x instead", rather than simply "I don't like x".

Re: Forum suggestions - joruss - 08-15-2014

1) I see php's serialize_array() output in some signatures like for Sam it's 'a:1:{i:0;s:8:"n\S.Holt";}'
2) http://airattackteam.com/SSI.php / http://airattackteam.com/ssi_examples.php throws warning messages
3) that yellowish color on grey below header is unreadable, I'd say lose that gradient alltogether.
4) lfs section is invisible for unregistered viewers, forum looks like a dead one from that perspective, and forcing everybody to create account to read is plain stupid imo.

Other than this, from a quick glance, everything seems good. Shame we had to move again.

Re: Forum suggestions - Frozen RackService - 08-15-2014

Hello

About the php: thats cause of the restored backup. Updating the signature "should" fix it. Another possibility is that the theme is not compatible as we are running the newest version of this forum software.

About the forums "invisible" I can fix that if you guys want me to.

~F

Re: Forum suggestions - Seven - 08-15-2014

Updating the signature does fix it, one just has to simply remove the funny symbols and it's all good again. Mine did it too.

I would say the forums should also be visible to those not registered, we have nothing to hide apart from email addresses and possibly passwords to servers for example but we could create a special AA only private section for that and assign all AA members a special group to access that?

Re: Forum suggestions - RatRug - 08-16-2014

Private section would be good for planned AA events and so on, but other then that there's not much to keep private.

Re: Forum suggestions - meddc - 08-16-2014

Frozen. Please don't change anything yet. This topic is for us to have the discussion. I am quite confident in changing these things when we need to, but thanks for the offer.

But I agree with other comments. Probably make all forums public except for one for members only. The only danger with that is that people use it exclusively and the forum looks dead to outsiders, as it did when we were on GenR forums.

OK, I've tidied up the boards a little. We had two general discussions areas, so now we just have one.

I've also created a new group called AA Members as an experiment and given it rights to the Team Management forum. Any problems or corrections (I haven't really tested it properly!), please report here.

Re: Forum suggestions - Seven - 08-16-2014

When logged out one can only see "General Discussions" forum and the "Other Games" category. Perhaps also make "Events" visible to those not signed in?

The Team Management forum works, I can post stuff in there Smile

Is it possible the profile pictures thumbnail beside posts could be enlarged to take up the space it has? As you can see user titles hang right out and there's lots of empty space. I estimate the PPs could be 150x150 rather than 65x65. The username could also be centered and maybe get rid of the posting rank? (Brigadier, Colonel and similar) I don't think they're relevant really...

(08-16-2014, 10:50 AM)Seven link Wrote: When logged out one can only see "General Discussions" forum and the "Other Games" category. Perhaps also make "Events" visible to those not signed in?

The Team Management forum works, I can post stuff in there Smile

Is it possible the profile pictures thumbnail beside posts could be enlarged to take up the space it has? As you can see user titles hang right out and there's lots of empty space. I estimate the PPs could be 150x150 rather than 65x65. The username could also be centered and maybe get rid of the posting rank? (Brigadier, Colonel and similar) I don't think they're relevant really...
OK, guests should now be able to view all forums (but not post) apart from the team management one.

I'm sure the avatar can be enlarged, but I suspect this will involve some manual editing of the theme. Also, I quite like it the size it is tbh.

As for ranks, I was playing around with them, but I think I agree. Let's keep it simple. We now have "Forum Newbie" (10 posts or less), "Forum Member" (10 posts or more) and "AA Member" (for AA team members obviously). The only other elevated groups we have are forum "Administrator" (me, Jacques, delta and Frozen) and "Moderator" (no members/not used yet).

Re: Forum suggestions - Seven - 08-16-2014

Yeah I see what you mean. I could make some small banners for the ranks if you wish? Then we could get rid of the little square things, another thing I'm not keen on. Me being me I have something to pick on about anything but it's not something I can't live with Tongue