AirAttack Racing Forum
Formula - 1 2014 season - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Formula - 1 2014 season (/thread-530.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - joruss - 12-11-2014

So Jenson and Fernando for next season, and Kevin as a test/reserve driver...
Should be very interesting, if Honda delivers...

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - Fatal Unfair - 12-12-2014

(12-11-2014, 08:38 PM)joruss link Wrote:So Jenson and Fernando for next season, and Kevin as a test/reserve driver...
Should be very interesting, if Honda delivers...

First season they might be on par with what Renault has to offer next season but hopefully after that they will deliver some more power and make things a little bit more interesting.  8)

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - RatRug - 12-12-2014

I Reckon they'll be a lot better then renault. They've had more time to work on it and most likely had access to the mercedes engine from last season. They could be the closest challengers to Mercedes due to the engine freeze for next season.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - Fatal Unfair - 12-13-2014

(12-12-2014, 10:24 PM)RatRug link Wrote:I Reckon they'll be a lot better then renault. They've had more time to work on it and most likely had access to the mercedes engine from last season. They could be the closest challengers to Mercedes due to the engine freeze for next season.

I highly doubt they had the access for Mercedes engine.. if they did, I guess Mercedes would be suing their ass.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - RatRug - 12-13-2014

There would be no way to prove they've seen it. However, a sport as competitive as that there's no doubt they would know things about the mercedes engine.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - joruss - 12-13-2014

I bet next year all off the teams will emulate Mercedes' split-turbo design so the power gap will certainly narrow down.
And also Brawn GP also started off as a next-year Honda Racing F1 team so there's a hope + they had plenty of time to prepare for it. Probably as much as Mercedes had for this years' car.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - RatRug - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 03:16 PM)joruss link Wrote:I bet next year all off the teams will emulate Mercedes' split-turbo design so the power gap will certainly narrow down.
As far as I know there is an engine freeze for next season, which is why teams were trying to get that taken away. As essentially it means Mercedes will dominate again. Hence why I said Honda could be the only challengers. Engines are then open for change in 2016. iirc.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - joruss - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 04:24 PM)RatRug link Wrote:[quote author=joruss link=topic=299.msg5980#msg5980 date=1418480180]
I bet next year all off the teams will emulate Mercedes' split-turbo design so the power gap will certainly narrow down.
As far as I know there is an engine freeze for next season, which is why teams were trying to get that taken away. As essentially it means Mercedes will dominate again. Hence why I said Honda could be the only challengers. Engines are then open for change in 2016. iirc.
[/quote]
They are 'freezed' as per current design, or per specs they have to meet? I always thought the latter, but if indeed the whole engine design is set in stone for next year, then yes, Mercedes powered teams and probably newcomer, Honda, will have the upper hand again... :-(
One can only hope  for Williams aero department to throw in something new and take it to the Mercs...

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - Fatal Unfair - 12-14-2014

I think you can still change like 40-50% of the parts.

Re: Formula - 1 2014 season - joruss - 01-25-2015

While we wait...

These Formula-e cars are on their 3rd race and they developed so much already...

Edit:
Bit closer look
And one more :-)