AirAttack Racing Forum
[AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up (/thread-500.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

[AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - RatRug - 06-15-2014

Welcome to the [AA] Demo Championship 2014!

The championship will consist of 6 races covering the 6 available disciplines of demo. There will be varied Qualifying and Race sessions as noted below. During the 1 or 2 Flying Lap sessions, you will be told when to leave the pits by me, with me telling you to 'Go'. Then you must complete your out-lap, 1 or 2 flying laps, and then spectate immediately. I have scheduled it around the World Cup, so it doesn't interfere with any games. (If I've missed one then please let me know). As you can see from the schedule, the events with 2 races with have a reverse grid on the 2nd race.

The server will be open for practice approx 3 days before the event, with the server info and password being PM'd to you.

Qualifying for every event will be set to start at 7pm UK time (18:00 UTC). I hope that works for everyone, I'm happy to move an hour either side of that. (Also happy to change dates if anyone isn't happy with them, for example to have more time in between). I've put it as a race a week to keep everyone interested hopefully.

Schedule:

Tuesday 1st July - FBX @ BL1

- 1 Flying Lap Qual.
- 2 x 13 Lap Races
- Reverse Grid on 2nd Race

Tuesday 8th July - XFG @ Bl1

- 2 Flying Lap Qualifying
- 23 Lap Race

Tuesday 15th July - XRG @ BL2

- 15 minute Qualifying Session
- 2 x 14 Lap Races

Tuesday 22nd July - XRG @ BL1

- 2 Flying Lap Qualifying
- 2 x 12 Lap Races

Tuesday 29th July - XFG @ Bl2

- 12 minute Qualifying Session
- 2 x 14 Lap Races

Thursday 31st July - FBM @ BL1

- 1 Flying Lap Qualifying
- 2 x 14 Lap Races

Please Note:
Round 1 - FBX - FBM with 20% Air Intake Restriction

Rules:
- Mandatory Pit-Stop every race. Must NOT pit on Lap 1, or Final Lap.
- Drive Fair, give each other room.
- On 1/2 flying lap qualifying, Spectate Immediatly after Final Fast Lap.
- NO CHAT during qualifying or race sessions. Messages of 'CHAT OPEN' and 'CHAT CLOSED' will appear.

Point System:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

Consecutive events will earn you an extra 2 points per event. Incidents will be looked at after the race, resulting penalties may be a deduction of points or a grid-penalty for the next race.

For those of you who haven't taken part before, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hope I've made it clear about how it's run Smile We have 9 Days until the Opening race (Schedule may change) so lets hope for some good interest. If interest is low, you may invite other drivers you know, who may be from another team. I will create a new topic for each event to help remind you, and so you can post to say you'll be there. If the turnout for an event is 4 or less then it will be postponed.

If I remember right, Fnatic was Champion last year, so, who's going to stop him?  Tongue 

Sign-Up's: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPerGR5zPS4dHNTUm5LMTh2M0cyTERPcTBYWktxSnc&usp=sharing

Here's some setups for all combos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9PerGR5zPS4UkFscW9yTzdYQTg&usp=sharing

Current Standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPerGR5zPS4dHNTUm5LMTh2M0cyTERPcTBYWktxSnc&usp=sharing
Edit: Please post to say whether you'll be joining the Championship so I can note down how many we have.

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - Seven - 06-15-2014

If you ever need help I am available most of those dates. Smile

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - prasanths96 - 06-15-2014

I can try to join if the time is set to 1 hour before .. still that's gonna be 11.30 pm for me so.. i can only try to.

And what are flying laps? Never participated in anything like this before.

EDIT : Uh .. Qualifying just starts at 19 UTC? No sorry i cannnot join ..

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - Seven - 06-15-2014

"Flying lap" = Hotlap, basically.

Process:
1 outlap (Leave the pitlane)
2 "flying" (hot) laps (Cross the finish line twice as fast as you can)
1 inlap (Re-enter the pitlane after your second lap and then park/spectate)

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - RatRug - 06-15-2014

(06-15-2014, 07:41 PM)Seven link Wrote: If you ever need help I am available most of those dates. Smile
You can help by driving  Tongue

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - prasanths96 - 06-15-2014

Thanks for the info seven Smile it sounds pro and cool .

Unfortunately my racing mojo is gone at the mo, Sam Sad

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - meddc - 06-15-2014

I'll join up Smile

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - meddc - 06-15-2014

OK, championship server is up for practice. I can't seem to find the right command to enforce the air intake restriction (that is, if the demo version of Airio supports it).

What's a good time for FBX on BL1?

EDIT: Decided to make the server hidden. Use this name to connect: [AA] Demo Champ 2014

Re: [AA] Demo Championship 2014: Information, Schedule and Sign Up - RatRug - 06-15-2014

Thanks Charlie, don't worry about the command, people just need to remember  Tongue (If I remember it I'll apply it tomorrow)

Fastest FBX time on Airio is 1.16.67 by AA's very own Timelapse  Smile

Edit: Have applied the command for air intake restriction.