AirAttack Racing Forum
F1 2014 Season - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: F1 2014 Season (/thread-434.html)

Pages: 1 2

F1 2014 Season - delta s4 - 03-16-2014

So guys, what your thoughts about the first race of the F1 2104 Season and what do you expect for the rest of the season?

I liked a lot seeing the Williams with the Martini livery, it looks awesome, also liked a lot Bottas race despite hiting the wall, but he had a great recovery finishing well.
Mercedes looks like they have the fastest car for now, also the fastest and most reliable engines overall.

Re: F1 2014 Season - viraaj5555 - 03-16-2014

2014*

Looking forward to be a member 8-)

Re: F1 2014 Season - uytp7 - 03-17-2014

I enjoyed the first race even though after first 15 laps there wasn't too much going on. Naturally I was happy how Bottas fought back after his mistake and also Kimi took some vital points. I agree on that Mercedes is the fastest at the moment but I was a bit surprised how fast Red Bull was (despite Ricciardo disqualified and Vettel having software problems). All in all there wasn't as much technical problems as I anticipated. Kinda sad to see Lotus so down but a the same time a bit sweet since Kimi deserved better treatment last year.

A little offtopic at the end, I was heavily disgruntled how our F1 channel here in Finland raised prices (probably because Finns have excellent chances this year they thinkĀ  8)) in order to watch all events live on the net (prices have almost doubled in two years) so I decided to terminate my order and watch races on internet stream for free which worked well, good sound and picture quality and much better commentary than our "experts" have ever delivered in their broadcasts.

Re: F1 2014 Season - delta s4 - 03-17-2014

I watch F1 through Sky Sports F1 channel by this website http://gofirstrow.eu/sport/motosport.html , nothing better than watching F1 and having former F1 racers narrating the race.

Re: F1 2014 Season - meddc - 03-17-2014

I get Sky Sports F1 free with my Sky+HD package. Martin Brundle is very good, and as usual the Sky presentation is great. I like Damon Hill but Johnny Herbert is a bit of a herbert! But better than having to watch Coulthard on the BBC.

A few thoughts... Shame the race result was affected by a disqualification after the race and another appeal to come. Never good when results are decided after the race. The failures made it interesting, though. Can't help thinking the cars looked slower and the engines sounded terrible. Good to see McLaren up there and Jenson Button finishing strongly. Very bad luck for Lewis. Can't get too upset for Vettel, though. And Massa didn't deserve to be taken out like that.

Re: F1 2014 Season - delta s4 - 03-17-2014

Yeah, Massa was unlucky thats for sure.
To me the worst of F1 this year is the look of the Mercedes, Ferrari and Caterham and of course the engine sound. They have to get the V10's back, they should also allow refueling again, before if was a big part of race strategy.

Re: F1 2014 Season - Jacques - 03-18-2014

F1 has come boring after they have freezed the engine development, have to do x races with same engine... etc. Guess next they are mounting loudspeakers on the cars to get some real sounds out of them.. Mercedes seems to have the top notch engine.. But overall the race was as boring as before. To me F1 has been in ruins for years.. :-X

Re: F1 2014 Season - delta s4 - 03-19-2014

I miss the times when i waited to the end of the race which was also the end of the lifetime of the engines to watch them blow Smile
I miss the 21.000 rpm, when there were only soft, hard, inters and wet tyres, refueling, i miss the 90's.

What happened to those times in Hockeheim when the cars just had a very tiny blade on the rear wing, and in Monaco, that rear wing used to look like a wall.

The only good thing about all the changes is that everyone starts from scratch, and everyone has a chance to shine, at least at the start of the season

Re: F1 2014 Season - delta s4 - 04-06-2014

3 races are gone and Mercedes are still dominating, it looks like it will be the same as it was with Redbull

Re: F1 2014 Season - Fatal Unfair - 04-06-2014

Bahrain was a brilliant race still though. Too bad Finns had bad starts and also Bottas made a somewhat costy mistake.