AirAttack Racing Forum
WHEEEEL! - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: WHEEEEL! (/thread-426.html)

Pages: 1 2

WHEEEEL! - Fatal Unfair - 03-11-2014

I finally, after about 216 000 km on mouse online and maybe add 50 - 100 000 km in hotlap I've bought myself a wheel and it should arrive when I get out of work practice today, so I will start heavy practicing on our gti and fbm servers, hopefully not crashin too many people out  ;D It is Driving Force GT from Logitech, any ideas for setting it up for LFS (and Assetto?)

Re: WHEEEEL! - Seven - 03-11-2014

Well when it comes to FFB your Logitech Profiler should look something like this:

Overall Effect Strength: 105%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%

Centering Spring Strength: 0%

Degrees of Rotation: (Determined per which LFS car you drive)
UF1, XFG, XRG, LX4, LX6, RB4, FXO, XRT, RAC, FZ5, UFR, XFR = ALL 720 degrees
FXR, XRR, FZR = ALL 540 degrees
MRT = 270 degrees
FBM, FOX, FO8 = 450 degrees
BF1 = 400 degrees

You may set your LFS force strength to whatever is comfortable but you can still feel the car and have good force feedback, I usually keep mine under 40 so my DFP doesn't break when I try turn it Tongue

In LFS:
Wheel turn: 900 degrees (Profiler will override this always)
Compensation: 0.00
Force Strength: (Whatever is best for you)

I hope that helps and makes setup easier wen you get it Smile

Note: It will take you a few weeks to get up to your usual laptime again as you get used to feeling the cars, but damn a wheel is fun and makes racing much easier for me. With a wheel I can disable the ingame steering wheel so I can see all the dashboard dials Smile

Re: WHEEEEL! - meddc - 03-11-2014

Congrats Fatal. I'm sure it won't be long before you're posting quick times with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: WHEEEEL! - Energy - 03-11-2014

Ohh congrats mate Big Grin now start to get good times with wheel  :o

Re: WHEEEEL! - delta s4 - 03-11-2014

Now you just need lots and lots of practice, changing racing controller after such long period is not easy.

Good luck and good racing Smile

Re: WHEEEEL! - rane_nbg - 03-11-2014

That's good news, congrats Fatal Smile

I have the same wheel and it's really a great value for the money. Fairly strong and accurate FFB, great wheel precision with no dead zones, strong clamping mechanism, lots of buttons, decent  and accurate pedals.

Be prepared to learn to drive from scrach. Swiching from mouse to wheel can get frustrating, because the feel of the car is totaly different - much more detailed, to be exact. It's only a matter of hours, spent on mastering new way of driving the same car and track. You allready know race lines and how cars behave, so you "just" need to learn your controller's response.

Settings that Seven proposed for logitech profiler and LFS are spot on, so you should set it that way right out of the box. Only variable is LFS % FFB, that you should set acording to your taste. I use 26% FFB for XFG, 16% XRG, 7% FZR, 21% FBM. Wheel rotation is matched with virtual steering wheel if you set compensation to 0.

For AC, logi profiler is the same and ingame settings most comfortable for me are:
gain                      0.45%
filter                      0%
damping                0%
kerb effects          45%       
road effects          85%
slip effects            40%
gamma                  1.00
filter                      0
speed sens            0
brake gamma        1.00

Have fun, cheers Smile

Re: WHEEEEL! - Fatal Unfair - 03-11-2014

I did about 300km today already on the wheel, I think 32's on XRG already possible on bl1, atleast sc1 has been promising. The FFB on XRG doesn't seem to matter much, 5-40% is fine, but god damn when I drove XRR, 5% and it was way too hard to keep it under control.. Big Grin FBM was also quite tough to drive with any setting.. Also I seem to be locking up like hell on any car/track except when the car has ABS on.

Re: WHEEEEL! - Seven - 03-11-2014

You might find you want to reduce your brake per wheel on your sets, using a mouse set on a wheel that is. Remember you've gone from a simple on/off setting to an axis of a setting between 1 and 100 so you'll need that brake setting reduced. Some say my brakes are fairly stiff but I have a fairly steady brake foot and I usually change by downshifting also and throttle control.

Try watching some youtube tips and tricks too, I found them helpful.

Re: WHEEEEL! - Fatal Unfair - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 11:14 PM)Seven link Wrote:You might find you want to reduce your brake per wheel on your sets, using a mouse set on a wheel that is. Remember you've gone from a simple on/off setting to an axis of a setting between 1 and 100 so you'll need that brake setting reduced. Some say my brakes are fairly stiff but I have a fairly steady brake foot and I usually change by downshifting also and throttle control.

Try watching some youtube tips and tricks too, I found them helpful.

I've reduced them for mouse already, 99% of my sets are "wheel sets", altough I did adapt my driving style for that pretty well I think. Tongue

Re: WHEEEEL! - Vim Fuego - 03-12-2014

Over time, you'll develop a braking style similar to the way you use the accelerator, varying the pressure based on what the car is doing. My policy is, it's always good to know you have more than you need, rather than under-set them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk