AirAttack Racing Forum
GTi Trophy 2014? - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: GTi Trophy 2014? (/thread-420.html)

GTi Trophy 2014? - Seven - 03-07-2014

Hi guys,

I'd like to discuss the GTi Trophy 2014. This would be the 2nd year this event as run, if you want to read more about it, take a look here at 2013's announcement >HERE<. This thread mainly contains me asking questions that crossed my mind about holding the GTiT again this year, mainly to the more "experienced" AA management but anyone is free to give constructive opinions and advice.

Immediately you will notice it was hosted with Genuine Racing, which is my major concern:

As we are all aware we recently split from GenR after a conflict of interest, so that makes me think we don't have any strong enough relationship form me to propse hosting this event with them this year, would I be right in this?

After seeing the number of sign ups with GenR's most recent GTMasters 2014, they have 150 sign ups which suggests to me S2 isn't exactly dead yet so I could get attendance this year for a 32 slot grid of XFGs & XRGs. I'd like to go for a second season of this event as I had a lot of fun doing it and after racer reviews from last year most seemed to enjoy it a lot too; I also have a couple extras planned for this year should it go ahead, taking advice from the reviews which can be seen >HERE<.

So, running the event. Note I'll say this assuming I'd be running it under AirAttack's name rather than GenR's...
I propose using LFS Forum to handle everything as no doubt will it draw more attention to us but it's also the mainstream form of communication within LFS, not to mention we have a section there that is never used. That section could do with a cleanup, I've volunteered before to do that so it looks more professional but I got no reply. So what could happen here?

Also, is it possible we could spare an extra server to host the event? 32 slots, S2, passworded, Airio and me to (preferably) have admin control to change the weekly Qualifying and Race passwords.

I think it will be interesting to see the responses to this...

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - meddc - 03-07-2014

Great to see this enthusiasm Matt. And it would be good for AA to run something. But I think before we get into too detailed a discussion it would be good to agree what we do as a team.

Personally-speaking, I'd be in more favour of the Amateur Trophy series like we did last year that spanned lots of different cars, not just GTi. Or maybe a demo series? An Amateur series is probably more in keeping with our team anyway - AA don't have any reputation for running professional S2 leagues yet.

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - delta s4 - 03-07-2014

I would like to get something runing but I agree with Meddc, all in due time.
We are trying to get some kind of different championship table running for events, it's getting hard but we'll see.

We will probably get at least one S2 server running in a near future, we just need to take baby steps so in case we fall, we don't fall too hard.

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - Energy - 03-07-2014

well, i will give you some idea.
Im admin in [AT] ARGENTINA servers and few days ago, i started to make events in this servers.
First event (at 26/2) we made 40 laps + pit (GTI) with safety car. In the moment of the event we upload 2 servers because much people wanted to drive (25 inscriptions). The event was really good and guys get much funny and good moments.
I think we can made something like this events in AA servers, but if can use s2 server its better and have more tracks.
here you have replay of the event (im race control)

http://speedy.sh/jh6bE/AT-SRVR-1-RACE-40-LAPS.mpr

oh and i forgot, i join few moments in AA servers because my old pc want die (working with 15/10 fps >:| )and i need buy new Sad I join in AT servers because just can talk with friends  :-\
But dont worry, in few days i hope get money, will buy new pc  and you will saw me all days again  Smile

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - delta s4 - 03-08-2014

The problem is that S2 servers dont come for free, we need to make sure that when we get at least a S2 server that we can keep it running.

Me and Jacques will be support future License Championships, the money that doesnt get spent will stay in the AirAttack account for future servers payments or another prize, depending on the amount.
We hope we can keep the License Championship running for quite some time.

Atention, I'm not saying that the event will not happen, it most probably will, but all in due time.

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - Seven - 03-08-2014

That's fair enough, last year the GTiT ran in September so we have around 6 months, plenty of time. These were just thoughts that crossed my mind that I'd like to address, nothing serious yet.

As far as the AM Cup goes, it was a very well planned event however we didn't get a great turnout, most of our drivers were AA members too, so could it be an idea to handle that on the LFS Forum if we choose to do that again?

But like you said, S2 servers aren't free. I'd also donate to the license comp and the upkeep and stuff like i Have plenty of times in the past but this time around I don't have any spare money to donate Sad

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - RatRug - 03-08-2014

If you need any help with running events, i'd gladly help if needed. Smile

Re: GTi Trophy 2014? - Seven - 03-08-2014

Good to know, thanks Sam, I'll keep it in mind. I actually had you in mind when talking about the Am Cup, afterall it is your creation Tongue