AirAttack Racing Forum
Demo racing server (events) - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Demo racing server (events) (/thread-377.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Demo racing server (events) - delta s4 - 01-18-2014

I'm thinking spicing the Demo Racing server a bit to try call more people to our servers.

What about we start doing 2 longer races per weekend?
My idea is having two 40 laps races with pitstops, one on saturdays and the other on sundays afternoons, lets say 16:00 server time.
Maybe one race with XFG only or XRG only or XFG/XRG, time lock 1.35.50; and the other FBM only, time lock 1.15.50.
Both races will have 20 mins qualifying.

Such events would be advertised on the other servers and maybe in LFSWorld.

Re: Demo racing server (events) - meddc - 01-19-2014

We already have a 44 lap race for FBM on Saturdays. Not for XFG/XRG though. One reason why Demo Racing might be emptier is because of the following issues which I've just (hopefully!) fixed...

- Time advertised in !events was wrong
- Friday's event was commented out for some reason so would never happen
- Saturday's event was somehow leaving a password set meaning the server was left in private mode during the week (presume this has been happening since our move)

Like I say, hopefully I've sorted this now.

Re: Demo racing server (events) - Seven - 01-19-2014

I'd race it. I can't drive FBM so well, so I'd race it.

Re: Demo racing server (events) - delta s4 - 01-19-2014

Is that FBM event popular or not really?
While i'm on servers i don't see any message advertising that event.

I'm thinking of a league based on these 2 events, but before realising that league idea these events should be popular first.
Such league also depends on my personal life to happen, so it's kind soon for it to become real.

Re: Demo racing server (events) - senna - 01-19-2014

Dat timelock will keep me outside Big Grin haven't reach below that with xfg ?

Sent from my RM-941_eu_turkey_294 using Tapatalk

Stability will help. Let's try and ensure these events run smoothly first (i.e. people not getting locked out of the events, etc.) I know there have been problems with the timing also. Will try and check it over the next week or so. Would be good if other members can do the same, maybe race in one or two as well, letting us know of any problems. Once things are working properly, we can then discuss any changes. To see the full event schedule, type !events and !event on any server.

Re: Demo racing server (events) - RatRug - 01-19-2014

The Saturday FBM event used to be very popular, and i reckon it can get back to that aslong as people know about it. It was one of the races Caine would always make an appearanceĀ  Tongue

To make it popular again will involve some of our people racing them to get it started. Also, perhaps if they're racing at the other servers beforehand and persuade the better drivers to join the events instead. Another thing to debate would be whether to hold these events on Blackwood FBM and GTI servers instead, although I would worry that after players who crash on lap 1 would then leave an empty race for the next 43 laps! Smile

Re: Demo racing server (events) - delta s4 - 01-19-2014

It's better to those events to happen outside the normal servers, and lock the Demo racing half hour or so before the events begin.
We will need to get that FBM event starting again and then introducing the GTI event, If those two get really popular then a Rallyx event might be added.

Meddc is it possible for the race points of those events to be apart of the total monthly points?
If so, maybe a 3 race league might happen sometime soon, with advertisement in all AA servers and LFSWorld it might be a good way to call some people into our servers.

I don't know if it's possibly to modify the track in Demo servers, but if it is, maybe adding some barriers along the track might also be a good idea to make 2 or 3 layouts for each race.

Delta - you really need to check !events. We have RallyX events happening on Tue and Thur on the Rallycross server already. Smile

All of these things (varying champ points, track layouts, different event formats, etc.) are technically possible, but will require significant effort in coding the automated Airio instructions and testing. Therefore, we really need some more people besides myself to start learning the guts of LFS server configuration and Airio config + scripting.