AirAttack Racing Forum
The Assetto Corsa Topic - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Other Games (https://airattackteam.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Forum: Other Racing Sims (https://airattackteam.com/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: The Assetto Corsa Topic (/thread-369.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Assetto Corsa Topic - meddc - 01-15-2014

OK, so this isn't LFS-related, maybe in time we can add an Assetto Corsa game section to the AirAttack forum, but for now thought I'd create this thread for any discussion related to AC.

I got my new PC recently and can now play AC properly. My main observation is that the force feedback for track effects is very strong, so I've had to tone that down considerably, but now I have am being more consistent and smooth.

Not taken with too many of the more powerful GT-style cars so far - they seem very difficult to get the power down on (my heavy right foot probably doesn't help), but I have taken to the Formula Abarth. It feels very nice - good turn-in, stable, but also quite challenging as well.

And it's great to be able to race circuits that I learned on as a teenager in Microprose's F1GP like Monza, Silverstone and Imola. But until this game gets multiplayer, I think it'll be a bit limited.

So, anyone else in AA playing this game yet? Thoughts?

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Seven - 01-15-2014

I'm playing it, I love it for looks and performance at the start, I tried the rF2 demo and the game looked terrible to run smoothly but on AC the graphics are still beautiful and the game runs smooth as ever! I haven't been playing it enough to try every car but I tried the BMW E30 for a drift experiment when I was a bit bored and the feel of the car is definately there combined with FFB it's brilliant. I also tried the BMW GT car and I'm liking it. I didn't try the Abarth much, I did a few laps on Imola and got a bit annoyed with the off-track penalty.

Overall, I love it, when Multiplayer comes out and it gets popular it will be much better than LFS!

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Fatal Unfair - 01-15-2014

LFS for me still feels better :/ Might get a wheel (and a new pc?) after summer so then I'll see better which one feels right for me.

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - RatRug - 01-15-2014

Played it a fair bit, and quite like it, i just hope multiplayer uses all it's potential. Only thing i really don't like is the sense of speed, sometimes it can feel like i'm travelling 5mph when i'm trying to go round a corner at 100mph  Tongue Tried changing FOV and seat position, changes it a little but not enough at the moment.

I found i had to turn the curb effect down a lot, otherwise my wheel was just going mad, and i don't want it to break.

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - delta s4 - 01-15-2014

Driving around Imola must be a lot of fun, i love that track, i would love to try AC, but my crappy pc can't handle it, and no wheel also.

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Vim Fuego - 01-16-2014

I've decided against the Oculus for now, computer upgrade is in order first i think. chip, mobo and ram, and then maybe graphics later in the year... but the mobo is super necessary. I can't afford DDR2 ram anymore, if i can even find it  ??? lol!

Then I'll be able to play this game.

AC is the complete opposite of what i love about LFS- you only need an average machine to get the best from the game.

My current machine is so old, i have to type the code in myself, copied from a magazine, every time i want to play. Saving for a tape-drive.  ;D

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Jacques - 01-16-2014

Vim man, I remember the days I typed pages and pages of binary code from magazine to "make" a game (asteroid blaster) for commodore c64... Smile
Didn´t know LFS worked on those... :o

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - senna - 01-16-2014

:o

Sent from my RM-941_eu_turkey_294 using Tapatalk

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Jacques - 01-16-2014

No really... :o

Re: The Assetto Corsa Topic - Vim Fuego - 01-16-2014

Yup Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk