AirAttack Racing Forum
AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://airattackteam.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 (/thread-342.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Energy - 01-22-2014

ye,im joking, bots in the track = much crashes

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - hud - 01-22-2014

rename ''AA demo'' [all servers which you dedicate to newbs] to something like ''AA for novices''.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - joruss - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 04:52 PM)Seven link Wrote:We exerimented with bots in the past and they were noobs, no respect to other drivers at all and just annoying.

I get you were joking, but in all seriousness Tongue
They don't have to be on track. They just have to be connected to raise server visibility

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Energy - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 06:28 PM)joruss link Wrote:[quote author=Seven link=topic=100.msg784#msg784 date=1390405930]
We exerimented with bots in the past and they were noobs, no respect to other drivers at all and just annoying.

I get you were joking, but in all seriousness Tongue
They don't have to be on track. They just have to be connected to raise server visibility
[/quote]

If it's only for stay connected, i think its ok, MRc Rally have one bot (mellian) and working good

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Jacques - 01-22-2014

Joruss has been online in spectator mode and it has worked well, we could think of adding one spectating bot into server when number of players is less than 3 and disconnect when there are 4 or more? How this is done is another question.

Instead of renaming the servers, how about tailoring greeting messages so that Demo is understood as place for novices and BL for normal players..?

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - meddc - 01-22-2014

I think we've been here before guys. Newbies are not going to disconnect from Blackwood FBM for example and connect to an empty Demo FBM just because a message tells them it would be better suited to their ability. And if popular servers is the aim we should welcome people at all servers.

Jacques' suggestion about a bot only appearing when servers are empty is good but not achieveable in practice. We need our members to be active I guess.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Seven - 01-22-2014

I think ranking drivers like that would be offencive to some aswell because in a way we'd be glorifying saying "You're bad, move here."

A spectating bot, now that's an idea for sure. I'd race more if my time wasn't taken up by upcoming exams. I get more time on weekends I guess.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - viraaj5555 - 04-25-2014

Guys,i think that getting atleast 1 bot each server will raise their visiblity and sometimes when our fbm servers are empty if i connect we get 10/11 users in about an half hour,the most times.Can't we get some bots for our servers? It could be very helpful.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - kashiko - 04-27-2014

Bots are stupid and cause frequent collisions ... I agree with Charlie , We need active members who will " move "the server
nothing will bring better effect

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - viraaj5555 - 04-27-2014

yes it could be but if the bots are in spectator mode? like Melian of MRc team?
However i am usually online on fbm servers,but these days it's very difficult for me to connect to lfs beacuse it's last month of school and i need to study a bit Sad ,i can still try to connect if possible Smile