AirAttack Racing Forum
AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://airattackteam.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 (/thread-342.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Vim Fuego - 01-09-2014

This is the thread-starter that MeddC posted in the old forum:

Quote:1) SERVERS

Our demo servers are struggling for numbers at present (along with the rest of LFS it seems). I'm loathe to throw a tried and tested format away, but I'm wondering if there are some better ways we can utilise our 6 servers. Thoughts to date include some sort of new Airio instance with fresh stats. At this stage, I'm open to all ideas, including keeping things as they are. However, thought I'd add a suggestion of my own to get the ball rolling...

[AA] Blackwood GTI - retain but alternate between 3 and 4 lap races on alternate days
[AA] Blackwood FBM - retain but alternate between 3 and 4 lap races on alternate days
[AA] Rallycross GTI - retain as-is
[AA] Demo Racing - configured for slightly longer races (with pitstops) alternating between FBM, XRG and XFG on different days of the week. Race points would count towards a 2014 championship (possible prize - to be discussed).

I would propose to switch [AA] Demo FBM and [AA] Demo GTI off altogether - retaining one as a private practice server and another as a public event server (preferably S2 if it can be upgraded) for any leagues we decide to run (and if nobody else does, then I might organise one soon). All thoughts welcome.

2) EVENTS/SERIES

In 2013 we ran a licence competition for points accumulated on the demo servers, a demo championship for AA members only (plus a few select others), and a public S2 beginner cup. What events do you want to see in 2014 and do we have any volunteers to organise/run?

Feel free to continue the discussion here.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Vim Fuego - 01-09-2014

Don't mind if I do, thanks  Big Grin

I had a wacky idea - why not rename the FBM demo server to "AA recruitment server"?

It implies that whoever races there has a better chance of joining a team than someone racing anywhere else...

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Fatal Unfair - 01-09-2014

Another wacky idea would be changing our color scheme from you know what it is black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow to something new and cool. Altough it would mean outdating our old skins etc.. Tongue But as a lot of changes have already happened, why not? Wink

Altough, the current one ain't bad either...  ;D

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Seven - 01-09-2014

Black and Yellow really is only a base color scheme, yes all display names must use it, but in the past I've made AA skins that are purple and black, red and yellow, most recently for nemo - blue and black (remind me to show that off when I release the skinpack) Tongue

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Jacques - 01-09-2014

And I´m mostly using skins that Sam created for us, that have mostly white and black with hint of red.
To me, color scheme isn´t that important and I´d vote for complete freedom on that. Only requirement would be that our team is easily identified when skin is used.

Neither do I care if someone likes skinless car..

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Luka - 01-09-2014

I kind of like the black and yellow combination, i would stick with it because we are recognised based on that scheme, on the other hand maybe our skins could use some work, after all, with a bit of imagination and good photoshop skills that black and yellow combo can be made in numerous ways with diferent lines and logos to look amazing.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - meddc - 01-09-2014

I'd love to change colours - always disliked yellow and black, but it is distinctive, different from most other teams, and well recognised in the server listings, so I think we should stick with it.

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - RatRug - 01-09-2014

The time to change would be when moving sim, no need now considering it's well-known.

p.s: Great work so far guys.  Smile

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - Xnaes - 01-14-2014

I like yellow and black colours and we identify allways with AA when we see them

Re: AA Servers and Plans - 2014 - rane_nbg - 01-14-2014

I'm against changing AA color scheme regarding AA name tag and server names. I don't mind changing AA car skin colors, but there has to be athleast slight color resemblance with the old skins. We have already established good recognition within racers and we should keep it.

Meddc's idea about server reorganization is very good. Changing Demo GTi and Demo FBM into one private practice and one public league/cup/S2 server is very smart move.  Seeing an AA S2 server online, will be a healthy refresh Smile