AirAttack Racing Forum
Event Ideas - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Event Ideas (/thread-341.html)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Event Ideas - RatRug - 01-09-2014

They added it to LFSforum like half-way through, so it was too late it gain everyone's interest, thats why the sign-up section has no replys.

Re: Event Ideas - Energy - 01-09-2014

in my opinion, would be good transform [AA] Demo Racing on a server s2, there could execute this events and I think it could be popular when they were not running events...

Re: Event Ideas - meddc - 01-09-2014

Just to be clear, we cannot run S2 events on Demo Racing without upgrading it to an S2 server, which costs money. We will need to do some fundraising soon (we have 3 months from now before we need to make another payment and Â?5 in the kitty!) - whether we have an S2 server or not will be a function of a) how much we need one, b) how well utilised the existing demo servers are, and c) how much money we can raise!

Re: Event Ideas - Jacques - 01-09-2014

I´d like everyone put focus on getting popularity back up before planning events, not to mention S2 server. Its all too soon.
Its the newcomers who we want to attract, I´ve seen guys putting effort towards this.. But FBM needs a lot of strenghtening from team members.

Re: Event Ideas - joruss - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 07:54 AM)Seven link Wrote:[quote author=joruss link=topic=98.msg338#msg338 date=1389237219]
They are not.
- BL1r is out then, no reverse tracks.
[/quote]
I wouldn't disregard using BLnV track that easily. Reversed tracks are great fun and a new challenge to those stuck in demo. It's not viable configuration for hosting it permanently as racing server but as a separate race in well managed event it's pretty much race like any other.

Re: Event Ideas - Seven - 01-09-2014

Charles - HUA and atm money is tight for me, but I'll see what can be done.

Jacques - The idea of the events is to gain popularity by getting our name out more.

JoRuss - We'll see what happens and if it gets some attention we could advertise it on the AA servers to attract some Demo-ers. Advertising something like that on LFSF would only attract S1+ users.

Re: Event Ideas - meddc - 01-09-2014

I think it would be good to run something aimed at our demo users, at least initially. We haven't done that for a while. This could link in to an automated daily race series on demo racing (or one of the main servers), or it could be a short demo cup/league (like we did earlier last year when we had the AA members champ).

But as Jacques says, perhaps we should let things settle for a couple of weeks. No reason not to start discussing, though.

Re: Event Ideas - Jacques - 01-10-2014

As Meddc said, just lets not get ahead of ourselves. Having an event, it would be important to think how we can reach target audience.

Re: Event Ideas - senna - 01-10-2014

(01-09-2014, 07:52 PM)Seven link Wrote:Jacques - The idea of the events is to gain popularity by getting our name out more.

JoRuss - We'll see what happens and if it gets some attention we could advertise it on the AA servers to attract some Demo-ers. Advertising something like that on LFSF would only attract S1+ users.

Well, I think that s2 community knows the name of AirAttack very well, but the loss of popularity is coming from demo side. As you said, preparing an event which is not automated by airio, it should be done at least on an S1 server, still not targeting the demo side, not curing our immediate problem.

I don't mean that preparing an event for licenced players is a "no good" thing, but that won't spread our name to our target community. I am trying to inform more and more regular demo racers to attend [AA] Demo Racing to have nice events.

Also, Matt, even when we were in GenR, Sam's events couldn't attract many drivers as we expected, so this might become a frustrating thing as well (to attract people). I know that you are aware of all these, just saying for the sake of discussion Smile

I think some of our members can attend Demo Racing server once or twice in a week to support & advertise our ex-dailycious events Tongue (Just the ones that like racing demo  :o)

Re: Event Ideas - Energy - 03-26-2014

well, i have ask, it's possible to activate bl1r with airio? i see some pth files called BL1v and BL2v in path folder of airio but dont know if can run it...