AirAttack Racing Forum
Event Ideas - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Event Ideas (/thread-341.html)

Pages: 1 2

Event Ideas - Seven - 01-09-2014

I'd like to run something for the New Year, I'd also like to work on getting ourselves our own LFSForum section for occasional updates and any events. Here are some ideas:

Demo Challenge:
Round 1 - GTIs on BL1
Round 2 - FBM on BL1r (If reversed tracks are part of demo!)
Round 3 - GTIs on BL2

Obviously, this is simple but would draw attention to AA and would get some population. Immediate problem: Only 12 people can race at a time on Demo so this may have to be an S1 / S2 league...

Karting Cup:
Rounds are made up of custom tracks on AU1, online at all times on the event server and available for download.

Layout - 2x sprint races (15 minute races) and for easier courses, perhaps one 30 minute race?

Mini FBM cup:
One-off BL1 semi-endurance race, 1 hour. (Could also be done with GTi / Rally, again a simple Demo cup.)

With the demo events we could get a list of people (because obviously we have to cut numbers to 12) and the players with the highest gained points at the end of a set period of time get a place, the top 12 enter the race. Opinions?

I'm just trying to spread our name a bit more and show we're not just the quiet racers, please let me know opinions, constructive critisizms, questions Smile

Re: Event Ideas - Vim Fuego - 01-09-2014

It could be run in heats with the top 6 from each heat moving up to the next round each time - sort of like a tournament format. Not sure if this would work - it might just turn out to be an organisational nightmare!

Re: Event Ideas - joruss - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 12:00 AM)Seven link Wrote:Round 2 - FBM on BL1r (If reversed tracks are part of demo!)
They are not. But there was a workaround to that with airio acting as lap timing device. The reverse tracks are BL1V and BL2V (where V stands for virtual... or perhaps reVerse...)
With specific insim settings (packet rate raised to 100 per second) you might even get decent resolution but then rest of airio might lag
By default it's set to 10 packet/sec which gives 0.1s precision, and works great, as you may see it in play with soft splits (if you are using 'em)

On the other side, I don't know it it's still included in airio. EQ might have deleted that out of respect for lfs devs at some point.

ah, and the start is buggered up. You must start from pits, make outlap to the grid or do a rolling start.

Re: Event Ideas - meddc - 01-09-2014

Some good ideas here.

Please note, Seven, AA already have a subsection on the LFS Forums.

Also, be careful with the term "Mini FBM" - it means FBM with a certain % air intake restriction.

Re: Event Ideas - Seven - 01-09-2014

I shall work more on developing the ideas, come up with a point system and a proper event layout and then reply to this thread with them.

(01-09-2014, 04:13 AM)joruss link Wrote:They are not.
- BL1r is out then, no reverse tracks.

(01-09-2014, 07:45 AM)meddc link Wrote:Please note, Seven, AA already have a subsection on the LFS Forums.

Also, be careful with the term "Mini FBM" - it means FBM with a certain % air intake restriction.
I just noticed that, it looks like it could use a cleanup and renaming to "AirAttack Racing" Tongue

Re: Event Ideas - Mikki - 01-09-2014

I like that carting cup idea sounds great Smile

Re: Event Ideas - meddc - 01-09-2014

If we're going to do any events utilising S2 cars or tracks, then we'll need an S2 server. I can quite easily host one temporarily on my PC if required for this as I've done before (my PC/connection easily coped before but have upgraded since then).

However, if we plan to do this sort of thing often, then it might be worth getting an S2 server from our new provider (there would obviously be a cost associated with this).

I was considering that factor, Charles. Most of the events I'd run would be less-major serieses. If I planned on running my GTi Trophy again, I'd host with GenR again. Maybe twice-yearly events, some seasons could repeat like the Karting Cup (I'm quite liking the sound of that one) but again it'd be down to how popular they become too, we saw GenR's FBM Champ go from 50 or so down to 12-ish. I imagine a server would be easier, temporarily "borrow" [AA] Demo Racing Big Grin but it may also be more reliable than a PC and less stressful on your net connection.

Re: Event Ideas - RatRug - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 04:50 PM)Seven link Wrote:we saw GenR's FBM Champ go from 50 or so down to 12-ish.
I think that was due to it being run from the R2R forum rather then LFSforum, the latest 1stBFA FBM Champ was really good and decent turnout for the whole season, bar the last race iirc. So really if it's run on LFSforum then i don't think there would be too much of a problem.

Sam, it was hosted from LFSF: https://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=391

3rd - 85      12th - 48      21st - 18      30th - 3
4th - 80      13th - 44      22nd - 16      31st - 2
5th - 76      14th - 40      23rd - 14      32nd - 1
6th - 72      15th - 36      24th - 12     
7th - 68      16th - 32      25th - 10     
8th - 64      17th - 28      26th - 8     
9th - 60      18th - 24      27th - 6     

Karting Cup:
MRT unrestricted
5 rounds on custom tracks on AU1 / BL3

Layout:
(If numbers are greater than 32) Pre-Qualifying the day before the race lasting 24 hours
15 minute qualifying session before the race
30 minute race w/one stop-go pitstop

Opinions, constructive critisizm questions?