AirAttack Racing Forum
24 Hours of Kyoto - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: 24 Hours of Kyoto (/thread-329.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-12-2014

Remember to let everyone else know EXACTLY what you change and how much - they'll need to do the same to the sets they are using in order to be able to practice properly. Otherwise we all end up expecting to use a different set on race day - that's not going to work  :-\

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-12-2014

@Vim: I forgot that! Well, we could do that tomorrow, explained here:

I'd like to arrange a training session tomorrow, we can maybe run through some things like the safety car procedures, race starts and then obviously general driving training where we can exchange and develop sets and do some stints. If anyone has a TeamSpeak server (which would be easier for us I'm sure) please feel free to post it, if not we can just use the in game chat. We'll use the AATC server kindly provided by JoRuss. Any suggestions for time? I'm thinking around 1900 UTC? (Obviously Vim we'd have to do a weekend for you to join! Tongue )

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Energy - 01-12-2014

this time is good for me  Wink

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - RatRug - 01-12-2014

Vim, aslong as you have the same setup, the arbs you do to your driving style, shouldn't do it the same as someone else. Just need to do it to how you feel the car is.

Wouldn't really bother with start practice yet tbh, just get pace and lap-times up as unless you're quick enough you might not even qualify/be on the grid =/

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-12-2014

That's the one concern, sometimes if you aren't within a second of the leader you might not make it on the grid. Tongue

Still something to work for and keeps us occupied Tongue

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Fatal Unfair - 01-13-2014

This is my first attempt (ever? I think...) on KY2R XR2 or any variaton XR there I think. I have always been real bad on it but I started improving slowly once my tyres stopped being so heated, managed a little bit over 20 laps before getting distracted by Skype and Facebook... Smile 1.41.55 was my best lap I think on lap 23, think with little practice I could get those constantly but my wrist doesn't feel too good after even 20 laps, and mouse driving in league racing... lol. But maybe someone can get little improvement by watching me wrecking my tyres on first laps: http://www.speedyshare.com/zbVrF/AA-TM-v-F-Gatae-KY2R-XRR.spr

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-18-2014

I'm sorry everyone, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to do the race. My accelerator pedal is not in proper working order. When I have it floored, the gauge shows it fluctuating and fading randomly. It makes it impossible to get to top speed, and at its worst, causes the rear to lose traction.

Haven't had the best time of it with the racing, but it's good to see the FBM servers have been full since i got back Smile

I've had it apart, dug the dust out and checked it's not the mechanism, and the pot is still firmly anchored. So I figure it's something inside the pot.

So now I need to get in touch with Logitech to see if they can do anything for it.

or ebay...  Sad

So, anyway, unless I get this fixed before the date, I won't be able to drive. Not properly anyway.  :-[

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-20-2014

Update: Logitech are going all-out to get me a replacement for my pedals. At this rate, I should be back on track by the end of the week, fingers x'ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-24-2014

Update again: This is more complicated than at first thought - there are no G27s at all in New Zealand, according to Logitech. Their distributor doesn't bring them in any more... This isn't going to be fun at all  :'(

If anyone is still keen to do this race, remember, Sam might still be able to get you onto a team.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-24-2014

Nah, won't make it. Motivation has gone again Sad