AirAttack Racing Forum
24 Hours of Kyoto - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: 24 Hours of Kyoto (/thread-329.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-11-2014

I'm saying count me out. I'll keep training but don't expect me to say yes. Tried the XR2, kept spinning, on T6 (the fast U before the hairpin) only ever got a 1:48 or something. Tried the FZ2, got into a groove at lap 5, tires perfect, got a 1:45 out of it and then just lost it on the U again and also when you just turn onto the oval. I don't see it happening, the minute I get a groove going it throws me off and then I can't complete a lap without messing up despite also modifying ARBs to try keep temps right.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-11-2014

How many laps are your tyres lasting at that pace? the fx2 can be a bit rough on tyres for me at times..

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-11-2014

Tbh I hate driving the FX, I prefer more of a challenge even though I'm still bad in that too XD

I've never made it to the point where my tires are above 110 'cause I can never do more than 7 laps before spinning on the fast U bend.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - RatRug - 01-12-2014

Damn, hardest race i've ever done. The wind was so hard to judge at the start of the stints. Still, 2nd in my debut race for nFinity and one of my first proper league races, pretty delighted with it. Shame i couldn't win as i was faster then the leader, but too many mistakes after 3 hours driving cost me.

Again if there's one or two drivers who want to drive 24h i'll drive with you guys and help if i can in any way, and see if you can drive with us potentially. Attached xr sets.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - meddc - 01-12-2014

Congrats Sam. I looked in from time to time. Great result for your first proper endurance race!  8)

How did Aidan get on? Looked like he was doing some good lap times at one point, outperforming some of the other GenR drivers.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - joruss - 01-12-2014

(01-12-2014, 04:07 PM)Sam link Wrote:Damn, hardest race i've ever done. The wind was so hard to judge at the start of the stints. Still, 2nd in my debut race for nFinity and one of my first proper league races, pretty delighted with it. Shame i couldn't win as i was faster then the leader, but too many mistakes after 3 hours driving cost me.
I imagine a lot of cursing went down when you went through that tyre stack  :Smile
Nevertheless was gripping finish to a race in GT2 class :-)

Provisional 8th for Aidan's car: http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com/

and Joruss - Hmm not so much, i was just so hot/nervous and trying to stay clam. My tyre was so thin at the end so i just didn't want to get a puncture. Also i wasn't supposed to do the final hour but my team-mate fell asleep  Tongue

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-12-2014

Thanks for the sets Sam Smile

Also, it was a great race, I watched about 5 hours of it mid-way through, wasn't too much oing on but there were some funny bits Tongue

EDIT: Just got a 1:45 from the XR2 but I could never get close after again, and with spinning constantly my patience just ran out for tonight. Will try again tomorrow, will just nolife XR2 so I get used to it.

Have done a stint on that race setup, nothing needs changing. 55% fuel, 36 laps. Best time was a 1:40.36, started mid-high 41's. Arbs down to 46/46 at the end, if you feel oversteer reduce them a little more.

But each time you drive with the race set make sure you use race fuel as then you'll get used to it and improve easier.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-12-2014

I never know which Arbs to modify when in XRR or FZR for that matter. Probably why I'm so bad. I did have to reduce the maximum brakes per wheel Sam to suit me otherwise I'd just skid under braking, that's just my style.