AirAttack Racing Forum
24 Hours of Kyoto - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: 24 Hours of Kyoto (/thread-329.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Energy - 01-07-2014

I'm in AATC server and all is okay,thx joruss  ;D

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-08-2014

Updated first post - Race start times, Qualifying information, a couple of points on Rules...

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-09-2014

I've done no training, but I thought I'll give some ago tomorrow in GT2 XRR with an old set, I'd prefer FZ2 as I know it better but I can try learn XR2. I wouldn't list me as participating until we know I'm capable, just letting you know I might give it a go.

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Vim Fuego - 01-09-2014

I think we're all in the same boat, Seven. I can't even start practicing until I get home...  Sad  But I'm determined to give it a go, all the same.

As cars go, either could work and no decision has been made at this time - the important thing will be finding a setup that is easily driven by everyone. Stability over power, ftw.  ;D

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Fatal Unfair - 01-09-2014

I would like to take part but my wrist can't handle driving long periods of time at once as I am using a mouse Sad Also I would be very hard on tyres and quite slow also because of that Big Grin Maybe I get a decent wheel at the end of this year, who knows Smile

We need to get our hands on the rulebook before knowing for certain what the situation will be regarding driver substitutions. But i would think you could switch as often as needed - it would cost a pit-stop either way... Anybody know the ruling here?

As far as taking part: that really is all we're doing here - I have no illusions of podium glory. It's more about having a go and seeing if we can do it. Plus - it's a 24 hour window we can all use to get to know each other better  Big Grin

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - joruss - 01-09-2014

(01-07-2014, 11:21 AM)Vim Fuego link Wrote:I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of the rule-book, but NDR has posted it on a site that wants me to pay to download it. Does anyone know where we might find a copy that we don't have to pay for? So far, the most important rule I've seen discussed is that no one driver on the team may complete more than 45% of the total race and some information on dealing with Safety Cars...
You mean that http://www.scribd.com/doc/172140950/GT-World-Series-2014-Rules-Book?
You don't need to download it to read the whole document. Download option is just premium service they provide, but the online version is complete. You could save it as web archive (from web browser) and read offline

Thanks, Joruss - i was so offended by the download button's insistence on money that i didn't scroll down  :-[ lol!

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - Seven - 01-09-2014

Quote:A driver who misses the formation lap will be credited it in the tracker, or waved-around to gain that lap if a safety car period occurs, allowing this.

3.Driver swaps during a race may be made freely, there is no limit on number of driver changes. The entering driver should only join the server on the current driver's in lap, and the outgoing driver should leave the server within one lap of the takeover. Failure to leave may result in a kick for the offending driver. A Drive-Through penalty may be issued to a team for repeat violations.

a)Penalties incurred by an incoming driver will be applied after the pit stop and takeover iscompleted.
b)No single driver may drive more than 75% of their team's race completed laps. (Limit is 45% the 24 hour race). All partial laps will be rounded up to a whole lap.

That answers that!

Re: 24 Hours of Kyoto - joruss - 01-10-2014

(01-07-2014, 09:27 PM)Energy link Wrote:I'm in AATC server and all is okay,thx joruss  ;D
Since yesterday airio is there as well (free version)