AirAttack Racing Forum
Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://airattackteam.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI (/thread-1460.html)

Pages: 1 2

Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - Lewisdriver - 10-06-2020

Hi, can we please change the grid on Blackwood GTI back to the normal grid. it is a bit annoying when you work to finish first and then all the slower people end up back in front of you and you cant drive at the speed you would like. And also some time crashers end up in front and they disrupt the race and try to hit you when you are passing. Although we can kick them or ban if things get out of hand it is a bit annoying sometimes because I cant kick while racing because I use mouse steer. 

I hope that you will take my request into consideration, in view of a cleaner and better racing experience for everyone to enjoy.

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - E A Presley - 10-06-2020

Anyway. Im satisfyed on that what we done,,,, xrg racers could dominate all the races., now is an little hope to get xfg to the podium))

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - joruss - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 03:44 AM)Lewisdriver Wrote: Hi, can we please change the grid on Blackwood GTI back to the normal grid. it is a bit annoying when you work to finish first and then all the slower people end up back in front of you and you cant drive at the speed you would like. And also some time crashers end up in front and they disrupt the race and try to hit you when you are passing. Although we can kick them or ban if things get out of hand it is a bit annoying sometimes because I cant kick while racing because I use mouse steer. 

I hope that you will take my request into consideration, in view of a cleaner and better racing experience for everyone to enjoy.

So... you don't like racing? ;-)

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - Lewisdriver - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:11 PM)joruss Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 03:44 AM)Lewisdriver Wrote: Hi, can we please change the grid on Blackwood GTI back to the normal grid. it is a bit annoying when you work to finish first and then all the slower people end up back in front of you and you cant drive at the speed you would like. And also some time crashers end up in front and they disrupt the race and try to hit you when you are passing. Although we can kick them or ban if things get out of hand it is a bit annoying sometimes because I cant kick while racing because I use mouse steer. 

So... you don't like racing? ;-)

Well I do it is just the crashers mostly it is a bit annoying sometimes.

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - lucasazedo - 10-07-2020

Hello Max Smile

AI think it is not necessary, because the level of the corridors today is very similar, be it xfg or xrg, I for example going out in 12 ° with podium in sc3 or in the straight of the second lap. I am often first in the middle of the line, even coming out last

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - Lewisdriver - 10-07-2020

Never mind then, I understand what you are saying see you on track

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - rane_nbg - 10-07-2020

We put a reverse grid in order to make things more fun. More importantly, we wanted to make sure "slow" drivers, usually, crashers or newbs that start from the back, do not "forget" to brake and slam into others causing even more mess.

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - Jacques - 11-22-2020

We could try to think of something more advanced than just reverse grid. Where it does add challenge and counters certain xrg drivers from dominating, reverse also creates lot of frustration and T1/chicane crashing as the more experienced are taking risks passing newcomers.
Many newcomers also use questionable tactics to keep the top positions, which in turn negatively impacts the mood of racers.

In old layout or LFS version, Airio was modifying reverse grid for the top 4 cars. What if we could activate that back, with extending it to cover more racers - like top 8 and leave last 4 positions for slowest cars.  XRG cannot jump that far on start. It would of course mean that the slowest among us have less chances to finish around top.

You guys have been dedicating focus on multiclass server, which is all good. Any experience configuring Airio you are resulting from that excercise, I´d challenge you to think how to improve old demo servers. More fun for old farts like me. Wink

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - rane_nbg - 11-22-2020

There is a line in airio specifying how many cars are affected by the reverse grid. We may experiment with it a bit. I'm off to sleep right now, but will have a look at it some other time.

You are right that the focus is on multiclass and that we are neglecting other servers a bit. The old saying goes "do not change the working horse". Of course, small improvements are more than welcome.

RE: Normal grid for [AA] Blackwood GTI - rane_nbg - 11-30-2020

Just an update. Currently, on Blackwood GTi server we have a reverse grid for only the first 4 racers. The rest is grid normally, from previous race results.

It has been running for some time, I think it's fine. Let's see the feedback.