AirAttack Racing Forum
Airio down? - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Airio down? (/thread-1304.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Airio down? - joruss - 01-11-2020

A while ago Rallycross went down, restarted

RE: Airio down? - joruss - 01-14-2020

New low today (I think). Every server was down despite showing running on the web interface. Airio was still running.

I mended airioweb link couple days ago (first link in my signature is working again) so there's some way to tell whether it's down because it crashed itself or for some other reason - it seems it is still running but with all servers down goes into zombie mode reporting all servers empty.

RE: Airio down? - rane_nbg - 01-14-2020

Hi man, yes I also noticed that. Whenever I'm home I have the rack service control panel open. I'm monitoring for server activity also in lfs. I do not know what to say, either we stay and keep up with this or we change provider and do everything from scratch.

RE: Airio down? - Hapetutt Baker - 01-15-2020

Hi guys.
I don't even know if I'm on target here.. but are you running your LFS servers and the Airio tracker in Windows? If so it's not a good idea. When I hosted servers and tracker for my team(s) I ran them in Linux which is a stable and trustworthy system for hosting and monitoring serves.
Are you using the default port(s) for insim connections? If so you should change both LFS server and insim ports to the highest  possible port numbers or range. The default port(s) are way to well known and visible and exposed for fuk. And therefor unstable.
Like I said.. I don't even know if this is relevant info, but if so it's nice.
If you should need some help on Linux.. I.m here.
If some of the management have bandwith and good latency...  Why not run the servers "In House"?
Then you have absolutely full control.
Cheers
H. Beker

RE: Airio down? - joruss - 01-15-2020

(01-15-2020, 02:14 PM)Hapetutt Baker Wrote: Hi guys.
I don't even know if I'm on target here.. but are you running your LFS servers and the Airio tracker in Windows? If so it's not a good idea. When I hosted servers and tracker for my team(s) I ran them in Linux which is a stable and trustworthy system for hosting and monitoring serves.
Are you using the default port(s) for insim connections? If so you should change both LFS server and insim ports to the highest  possible port numbers or range. The default port(s) are way to well known and visible and exposed for fuk. And therefor unstable.
Like I said.. I don't even know if this is relevant info, but if so it's nice.
If you should need some help on Linux.. I.m here.
If some of the management have bandwith and good latency...  Why not run the servers "In House"?
Then you have absolutely full control.
Cheers
H. Beker
I guess this tells everything:
Quote:20.01.14 01:44:22 AIRIO ERROR : Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Question is whether it is caused by airio or there's so many apps running and admin is skimping on resources. Died today at 8am, started it along with rallycross couple minutes ago. I can imagine whole server cheering on Blackwood GTI when it came back :-)

Running it from home is not really good option. It is doable but it gets affected by your day to day usage (steam, netfix, youtube... all heavy traffic)

Maybe on dedicated machine (for example raspbery pi - it can run wine and mono) in a sequestered segment of your network with robust QoS - yes, but it adds another level of complication and with the world of exploits out there - any server in your home you allow other people connect to is a ticking time bomb.

Another aspect is the server location. It may be good for some, close to the hoster ISP, but will be shit for the rest of the team if the ISP interconnector is choked.

Hosting servers tend to be located closer to the backbone so there's better chance to suit most of people.

RE: Airio down? - Hapetutt Baker - 01-15-2020

I had no problems with it, but I had good bandwidth (earlier location)
And of course I ran the Linux server with an separate external connection with its own firewall.
So it had no connection to LAN. There is no need to invite the world in on LAN. Bad idea yes.
I used a mini ITX motherboard which runs around 20W  and with heatsink.. so no noise.
My location is Norway and with my former good bandwidth There was no problems with connections... Maybe except for New Zealand . Smile
And the server and servers could stay up for months with no prob.
Think I had uptime 15 months or so once.
Only reason I had to reboot was normally when applying kernel updates.

RE: Airio down? - joruss - 01-16-2020

(01-15-2020, 07:02 PM)Hapetutt Baker Wrote: I had no problems with it, but I had good bandwidth (earlier location)
And of course I ran the Linux server with an separate external connection with its own firewall.
So it had no connection to LAN. There is no need to invite the world in on LAN. Bad idea yes.
I used a mini ITX motherboard which runs around 20W  and with heatsink.. so no noise.
My location is Norway and with my former good bandwidth There was no problems with connections... Maybe except for New Zealand . Smile
And the server and servers could stay up for months with no prob.
Think I had uptime 15 months or so once.
Only reason I had to reboot was normally when applying kernel updates.

J1900 cpu by any chance? Big Grin I have NAS made out of one of these... they are indeed quite handy.
Ok, so the only problem that are left are availability (power outage, network breakdown and other unforeseeable events) and handing things over.
I know it's all well now but let's say you decide to leave (or team decides to get rid of you ;-)) then you are no longer obligated (or willing) to provide serivces and the whole thing starts again. While having it hosted somewhere simplifies this greatly.

Anyhow... Rane now has one more option to choose from. None said it'll be easy job ;-)

RE: Airio down? - Hapetutt Baker - 01-16-2020

I don't remember the specs for that itx, but it was an ASUS motherboard quad core with 2GB DD2 or maybe 3 i think.  I haven't seen it since I moved. (great chaos in my stuff, and mentally degradation) But it had no sweat running 6 LFS servers + Airio. Actually that's no load to speak about. So.. like you say.. a Raspberry PI with Raspian would be more than enough. Only problem with that is that the PI 4 isn't stable enough yet. I've tested it. But the 2  or 3 version would be good enough imo.
And to where to run the servers... I didn't mean I should run it. I have not the bandwidth  nor stability on net where I live now. I'm fkn far out in the forest here. 5 Km to beer. Smile It was more like giving you a possible advice and solution based on my experience with about 7 years of hosting for several teams. And... I'm  a devoted Linux freak.
So just to be clear... If one of the guys in the management have good stable bandwidth and latency (don't really need that much bwidth. LFS doesn't require that much).. and care to have the responsibility for hosting a Linux server (with multiple logins for team managers)  then I say it's perfectly possible and possibly a better solution. And I offer my help if you need it.
That was my thinking. Smile
And if I leave or you leave me I would always be available and obligated to support you if you need. And in the meantime I could show you how to run LFS servers in Linux... if you need or want. Smile

RE: Airio down? - joruss - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 07:33 PM)Hapetutt Baker Wrote: I don't remember the specs for that itx, but it was an ASUS motherboard quad core with 2GB DD2 or maybe 3 i think. 
Sounds about right. This little cpu can even do some x264 real time encoding quite efficiently so no wonder couple servers would be no sweat.

(01-16-2020, 07:33 PM)Hapetutt Baker Wrote: Actually that's no load to speak about. So.. like you say.. a Raspberry PI with Raspian would be more than enough. Only problem with that is that the PI 4 isn't stable enough yet. I've tested it. But the 2  or 3 version would be good enough imo.
Upon some reflection I think memory might be limiting factor tho. While you can put more ram into pc doing so with RPI is "bit" tricky Big Grin

(01-16-2020, 07:33 PM)Hapetutt Baker Wrote: And to where to run the servers... I didn't mean I should run it. I have not the bandwidth  nor stability on net where I live now.
-----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<---
I see. It sounded like you offer :-)
Cost wise - probably buying some vps instead of running pc and pay electric bills (assuming you already have spare hardware to run it on) wouldn't be much more costly and you'd still have linux there anyway. I have AATC server running like that at the moment.

RE: Airio down? - Hapetutt Baker - 01-16-2020

You're probably right about that. I wouldn't use a PI either. Even if it could work.
So.. yes a VPS is probably a good solution.