AirAttack Racing Forum
Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://airattackteam.com/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG (/thread-1271.html)

Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - Sainted - 06-12-2019

Here's me looking for feedback on the idea on running the following race meeting:

- Blackwood Historic / 46 laps / 1 compulsory pitstop
- XFG only / possibly with XRG with engine restriction
- 30-minute qualifying session

The reason behind proposing the Historic layout is simple - getting rid of that chicane will promote better racing down the long straight, effectively putting much greater emphasis on Turn 1. Without the chicane that corner needs to be driven quite differently. Also, with only one proper left turn remaining, some setup experimenting may also be beneficial.

I am proposing to run this race at a peak hour, something like a weekday evening, a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday morning.

Any opinions welcome - should there be interest, I believe this could be quite a thrilling event.

RE: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - rane_nbg - 06-13-2019

Hi Sainted, it is a nice idea. I agree. Now, how to attract drivers to this event? We can maybe make it every Wednesday evening, to be like a regular event, "BL2 GTi Wednesdays" Smile

RE: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - Sainted - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 12:55 PM)rane_nbg Wrote: Hi Sainted, it is a nice idea. I agree. Now, how to attract drivers to this event? We can maybe make it every Wednesday evening, to be like a regular event, "BL2 GTi Wednesdays" Smile

That is probably the best idea. I have seen a couple of servers running GTR cars, that have qualifying and races running one after another. Qualifying is limited by the qualifying time, whereas the race has a maximum session time, upon expiry of which the race ends. If we go that route, I think the race time should be something like: "lap count x (good laptime + 3s) + 5 minutes".

RE: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - Swiftzz - 06-26-2019

That is a great idea but we still need S2 server since 16players arent that much

RE: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - AOR Nova - 06-27-2019

Wednesday is a good option as I think there are no sporadic races or events held on that date at all.

RE: Event proposal | Blackwood Historic / XFG - nooK!e - 06-27-2019

hello everyone,
I would go to demo. Why? Because all are much more interested in that, in my opinion. Furthermore I wouldn't make a fixed day, open an area for events in the forum and another one for making appointments.

When making an appointment, you make a vote a week before, the day on which most can be accepted.

But I would also buy S2, if there are regular events there again. especially, if you drive BL1 backwards again, the map is perfect.