AirAttack Racing Forum
AA servers and plans [2019] - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://airattackteam.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: AA servers and plans [2019] (/thread-1260.html)

Pages: 1 2

AA servers and plans [2019] - rane_nbg - 05-16-2019

Hi guys, there has been a lot of mentioning about AA having an S2/S3 server in the past few years. Our policy is that we are primarily a demo team meant to introduce new players to the sim. We were not willing to enter the territory of S2 with already established and popular team/servers (example nl.Cargame). Since in these times, the general saying is "lfs is dead" with practicaly league only type of S3 servers, maybe there is an opportunity for the AA team to bring the life back to the sim. 

I've been speaking with our new AS member H. Baker and he brought up the idea of providing the hosting for S2/S3 server for our team. This would be free of charge as he is already hosting a couple of servers (lfs and other) at his home and has a good internet connection. All that sounds great, but we would really need to invest time for management of such server, both airio and in-game side. Of course, we would still be able to keep and run our current 6 demo servers.

I think that this is a very good idea and a very kind offer from H. Baker, I thank him for that Smile

What are your thoughts on this? What kind of server would you like it to be? Practice, track rotation or maybe even league hosting? Do we have such intentions or capacity?

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - Kadir - 05-16-2019

Already have a league for gti races,we can make a GTR league,so our popularity will increase.

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - Alireza d1 - 05-16-2019

It's so great
In my opinion, if we can provide servers for the tournament, we will be more successful
thank you.

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - AOR Nova - 05-17-2019

Me and my buddy GenR Unite (nikopdr) are planning to host a special unique league that runs on custom layouts and use a wide array of cars.

Currently we will be having a promo race event next week to test for popularity, but maybe if Niko is alright we could host this league under the premise of the 'new'S2/S3 server.

If not, then maybe just have the server like how b2r had it, rotating between cars and tracks. I would be able to come on the licenced servers to host stuff but apart from this, the only way to get activity is with a league idea, as above.

(( if we choose not to run tje league under AA (or if Niko decides we will run it as a seperate league), then it will run under the league name of Custom Series Championship/Formula Custom Championship, with Niko's own servers))

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - rane_nbg - 05-19-2019

Sounds good to me. I'll talk to H. Baker and see if can set up the server and run it.

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - RatRug - 05-19-2019

If possible, I'd like to see an s2 server in the style that the cargame.nl servers were.

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - rane_nbg - 05-19-2019

Yes, if we figure out how to set up everything, we'll set track rotation scheme first Smile

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - Swiftzz - 05-20-2019

Yes I would like to have a GTR or TBO RACES having custom lays or only tracks. I would like to have endurance races to would be a great idea. Ill check if i can learn anything to setup something haha

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - AOR Nova - 05-20-2019

(05-19-2019, 10:15 AM)rane_nbg Wrote: Sounds good to me. I'll talk to H. Baker and see if can set up the server and run it.

For now we're running the Promo race event (non championship) this Saturday, Niko will do a forum post soon.

I don't think he is too keen to run the league under AA, so I am more certain it will just be a privately run league between him and I.

RE: AA servers and plans [2019] - RatRug - 05-22-2019

(05-19-2019, 10:35 AM)RatRug Wrote: If possible, I'd like to see an s2 server in the style that the cargame.nl servers were.

If I remember correctly, cargame used to be about safety rating to get the better cars? If possible that would be good to implement. 
Rather then forcing everyone to drive the same car.