AirAttack Racing Forum
Pretty much the end of a second era - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Pretty much the end of a second era (/thread-1238.html)

Pretty much the end of a second era - Seven - 04-11-2019

So yeah. First Vim and now me.
Coincidentally, seven years after joining the team, it'll be 8 years in August. I mean technically I can't leave completely since you guys are living on my front lawn right now! Tongue
I can keep hosting the site without any issues at all. The only ongoing issue is the bloody domain name which we can't seem to fix. However, if hosting ever becomes an issue, my host for TruckSim is nothing but a friendly and helpful dude. Been chatting with him on Discord for about 5 hours now, we've known each other since I took over TruckSim in 2016. Solid guy. If AirAttack ever made it to the quality and size I wanted it to get to that would have been a definite move anyway.

HOWEVER. Life is too short and my priorities are in other places after SEVEN years with AirAttack (and counting if being in the background counts)! With a new full time job managing the stuff that comes in and out of a fairly big Live Events company, trying to build a life with my partner, building my second motorcycle (the Virago) after a year of it sat in my garage, carrying on the community that one of my friends couldn't continue, I simply don't have the time for gaming anymore. Growing up has really moved me more and more to the managing and building side of things and I think that's been evident over the past year or so. Before things get out of hand I thought it's best I catch myself and formally take a step back for the better of the team and myself.

And what a ride that's been. I've had so, so many good memories with AirAttack from being a cocky 14 year old mucking about with Driftea, Jacques and irritating Delta, right through to being 21 and chatting with some of the most sound people I've ever met online. Really, I owe AirAttack for introducing me to a man I now call my brother. Having raced together, it went to Facebook, it went to real-life and yeah we're super close... So many awesome memories.

I'll still be in the background, fixing things as I need to. I'll still be reachable for those that have me on Instagram. If not, you'll find me on TruckSim. I wish I had another beer available 'cause you guys definitely need a toast.
Thanks guys. Thank every single one of you.

'til next time.
Seven

Matt

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - rane_nbg - 04-11-2019

Thank you very much for everything you've done for the team dude Smile
I wish you the best of luck in all other areas of your life. Since I don't feel this is goodbye, as you mentioned you'll still be around for managing the hosting side of our website - it's a big relief. This team would hardly survive in the current form without individuals like yourself.
Keep in touch.
PS. do you mind telling us who this "brother" of yours might be? Smile

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Seven - 04-11-2019

Cheers Rane, I'll definitely stop by now and then it's just not going to be my main focus. Lad called Tom. In LFS he goes by loads of nicknames but his username is Scimitar. Tongue

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Azyer - 04-11-2019

Seems you've now been dragged under a bus by this thing they call "life". But anyway, seems like you're doing fine with your car and everything on Instagram and I hope you keep that thing as it is. Thanks for everything you've done whilst I've been here. You've been an absolute lifesaver.

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Vim Fuego - 04-12-2019

Yeah, the beemer is MINT! Big Grin

edit: Actually, I should also add that I couldn't have coped anywhere near as well as I did without your help, Seven. You were an absolute lifesaver when Freeola left us in the lurch. I know that wherever you go in the future, the people around you will be all the better for your being there.

I look forward to catching up again soon Smile

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Alireza d1 - 04-12-2019

Thank you for all the work that you have done for the team.
And with wish success for you.and [aa] team.

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - AOR Nova - 04-13-2019

Thank you for your contributions Seven over the past years here at Air Attack. We will all wish you smooth sailing ahead and may life bring you joy and speed Big Grin

Do drop by to say hi when you can in the future!

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Seven - 04-16-2019

Thank you all for your kind words.

@Azyer and Vim - I can't promise it'll stay totally standard. I want some 19" wheels for it, a straight pipe and some other bits under the engine bay but the exterior will stay pretty much as-is. Maybe a few tasteful bits here and there but nothing over the top. I gotta get this bobber built before I pour my bank account in to that thing though! Tongue

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Azyer - 04-17-2019

Haha, maybe in a few years when im legal to drink, we should catch up or somethink Tongue

RE: Pretty much the end of a second era - Seven - 04-24-2019

(04-17-2019, 05:39 PM)Azyer Wrote: Haha, maybe in a few years when im legal to drink, we should catch up or somethink Tongue

Man, if we all got together in the UK sometime I would definitely be interested in that. I'd happily chill with anyone in the team! Can you imagine if we went karting or something? That would be mega!