AirAttack Racing Forum
End of an era - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: End of an era (/thread-1229.html)

Pages: 1 2

End of an era - Vim Fuego - 03-12-2019

My fellow Air Attack and Air Support team members,

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I tender my resignation as Team Leader.

My current circumstances are such that I cannot afford the time needed to administrate effectively, nor can I afford the cost of keeping the servers online from my own pocket, as has been the case since taking on the job of managing the team. The latter is entirely my own fault due to my inability to make paypal understand that Air Attack Racing is not a business venture. My career path roughly resembling a decrepit rollercoaster is also not helping.

There will be a new thread started in the AA Team Management section where the discussion on nominations and the handover process will take place. After a short time, there will be a further announcement in the General section containing the outcome of this discussion.

It is my fervent hope that my successor will be more organised than I was, and that they will lead AA and AS into a bright future with all-new tyre physics and possibly a VW Scirroco.

Seriously though - it has been my very great honour to have had your trust and your support for these last few years. I never dreamed that I'd be leading a racing team, let alone one of the best known and respected teams in LFS. I wish you all the best of luck, the safest of racing, and all the happiness in the world, whether in LFS or in life.

Sincerely,
Vim Fuego - aka Shirtkicker

RE: End of an era - Managan (Habby) - 03-27-2019

Recently recovered. This is the first thread I see.

Vim, that's a completely heartache. Let's hope your place can be filled, by someone or collectively.
I'm sure you did the best for the team, and we're forever grateful about it.

Hope to see you around. Cheers.

RE: End of an era - AOR Nova - 03-28-2019

@Habby

Welcome back! Hope to race with you soon Smile

Also, we are processing options for the above request of transfer so hopefully we'll stay afloat with no issues.

RE: End of an era - Vim Fuego - 04-05-2019

Air Attack will soon be under the guiding hand of the new team manager, Rane.

I'd like to congratulate Rane on this occasion, and also thank him for stepping up to a demanding position when needed. Please give him the same help and support that you have given me and which I have come to value so highly over the last few years.

The official handover process has begun, and will proceed over the next couple of weeks. There should be no interference to our normal service.

RE: End of an era - AOR Nova - 04-05-2019

Thank you Rane, and we look forward to the future under your guidance and leadership! Great work.

RE: End of an era - RatRug - 04-05-2019

Congrats Rane.

And congrats Vim for keeping it going all this time.

RE: End of an era - Alireza d1 - 04-05-2019

Congratulations to you
And with wish success to you
AA™| rane
and thanks mr vim.

RE: End of an era - rane_nbg - 04-05-2019

Thank you very much for kind words guys Smile
This is a big honor for me and I'll give my best to continue the legacy of our team. Thanks once again to Vim for being an outstanding leader.

RE: End of an era - Kadir - 04-05-2019

Hope to see you again Vim.

Congratulations Rane,I'm sure it will be a successful leader.

RE: End of an era - Azyer - 04-06-2019

Congratulations big boss, Rane!

Hope to see you doing good things for us and being quick still Wink.