AirAttack Racing Forum
Victorbt - report - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Reports (https://airattackteam.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Victorbt - report (/thread-1202.html)

Pages: 1 2

Victorbt - report - Azyer - 11-22-2018

So, i encountered this odd specimen today..

We were having a good ding dong battle and well... you'll see what happens from replay.

Suzuki Evidence.

Also i would like to include this screenshot of him insulting me, twice.
http://prntscr.com/llr0qh
http://prntscr.com/llr0ue
http://prntscr.com/llr0wo

RE: Victorbt - report - Vim Fuego - 11-22-2018

Although Suzuki's action on the hill was unwarranted, once again this is an incident arising from YOUR actions, Azyer.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, at the approach to the esses, you didn't have enough overlap at the point where Suzuki turned in to claim the racing line. This is called 'showing him your nose' - it's a good tactic for putting the driver in front off their line, but it doesn't give you right of way.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34]

At this point, Suzuki is NOT required to leave you any space on the inside - but he does, as your tactic seems to have worked.

Although you seem to be careful to not make any contact here and move up to properly overlap, it does push Suzuki wider than he might have liked, making his entry to the next corner very shallow and forcing him to go deep across the apex. He does however - given he has the inside line - have complete right of way all throughout this corner, as he had probably planned all along.

At this point, as you are on the outside line, you have to leave space for him to make the corner without interference. But you didn't - you closed him down while trying to take a faster line through the corner, giving him no space to follow his chosen line out of the corner, and hooked him into the wall.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=36]

By then, you should have realized that this was entirely your mistake and apologized. If you had, then maybe everything after that could have been avoided.

I'm taking no action here, as this was not Suzuki's fault. Even though his interactions after that point are less than civil, I empathise with him and feel his frustration at not being able to drive without you banging into him in half of the corners shown in the replay.

Our server rules clearly state - before every single race - that no contact is allowed. This isn't just a reflection of IRL rules, but also to cancel out the effects of netcode on collisions. People who claim 'it's just close racing' are actively deluding themselves.

As an admin, those rules apply to you even more-so. You really, really need to start driving in a way that reflects this.

RE: Victorbt - report - Azyer - 11-22-2018

We each have our own driving style though. That’s just sort of the way i roll. I give people the squeeze to put them under pressure n that. Yes i did show my nose but i was sort of intent on making a move considering his wxit from the previous corner. And then it all spiralled downhill. I also would like to add that the brake check was a bit ... how to say... pathetic? Like I’m gonna be honest I’ve gone through there side by side for long with people and still managed to both get through. But i think my LFS Lazy car radar failed me this time

RE: Victorbt - report - Vim Fuego - 11-23-2018

Put simply: You are going to need to adjust your driving style to accommodate the rules. The way you "roll" looks, to an outside viewer, like careless driving - nothing more.

(11-22-2018, 11:16 PM)Azyer Wrote: Yes i did show my nose but i was sort of intent on making a move considering his exit from the previous corner. And then it all spiralled downhill.

In fact - your exit from that corner resulted in contact, and you should have backed off before that point. Making a move into the esses requires that you have far more speed than the other driver, as the brake point and the turn-in point are at exactly the same place. This means if you don't have overlap before you brake at this point, you have no chance and no right to try an overtake.

In your case, it was only luck - or Suzuki's knowledge of your tendency to illegally divebomb - that gave you space.

(11-22-2018, 11:16 PM)Azyer Wrote: I also would like to add that the brake check was a bit ... how to say... pathetic?

As I said, I'm disregarding Suzuki's behaviour, due to being incited by yet another example of your reckless driving.

I would recommend that you bind a hotkey to an apology, and start using it in these situations - especially where you know you were at fault.

RE: Victorbt - report - Azyer - 11-23-2018

I have a hotkey that i was going to use if it wasn’t for the hulk smash onto the brakes on the run into the next corner. Which then changed my mind about it.

RE: Victorbt - report - Seven - 11-23-2018

Azyer what's going on mate? You seemed so good at the start! You know we're not here to take the piss, we're trying to help you become a better driver and Limad. If that means sacrificing "how you roll" to look better to the public eye (which trust me, you need to, I've heard some stories) then you really should consider it or we won't be able to do anything for you.

You're a Limad Azyer. I'd expect better from you. No excuses now; chin up mate, realize that sometimes you're wrong (we all make mistakes, myself included, I've done stupid shit) and use it to better yourself. The team can only work as one if we're all singing from the same songsheet. Smile

RE: Victorbt - report - Azyer - 11-23-2018

I’ve been given the wrong one it seems. Also i just have a bit of anger problems so if someone tries to go against me i will have a go so

RE: Victorbt - report - Seven - 11-24-2018

We all have bad days mate, brush up on the Code of Conduct and other boring paperwork, every day is a school day - the day I stop learning is the day I'll stop driving/riding. If you've got any questions about anything at all, (even that weird "life" stuff some people have) I'm sure someone will know the answer. Smile

RE: Victorbt - report - AOR Nova - 11-24-2018

I have to say I am also one of the more aggressive drivers racing out there today, and I'm sure most of my buddies and racers know that.

Still, when sh*t happens, I usually claim the fault. I learnt this many times and figured out how to balance Maldonado-ing everyone into Montoya-ish racing. Worked out pretty lit and so far I've had many awesome battles (c. Lukas, Seby, Paulo).

But in order to achieve tight good racing I myself had to practice restriction. There is a difference between being aggressive, hard racing and pure carelessness and clumsiness.
Even when I choose to divebomb, the move is meditated laps beforehand, judging the driver infront and his speed, so forth. Not just throwing it in and hoping it works, and then hoping to scare the guy that way.

That being said, I've probably made a mark for myself for being scary and ruthless, but in a good way.

Anyway, Azyer, this is your second infringement on racing conduct... I'm being very nice here like everyone else (Vim, you need some caffine mate Tongue), so please be more careful when you drive and always pan out your risk vs reward. Contact has to me kept to a minimum.

RE: Victorbt - report - Vim Fuego - 11-24-2018

***redacted***