AirAttack Racing Forum
Membership Re-application - Bero [accepted under others] - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: AirSupport Team (https://airattackteam.com/forum-52.html)
+--- Forum: AirSupport Membership Applications (https://airattackteam.com/forum-53.html)
+---- Forum: GTI (https://airattackteam.com/forum-56.html)
+---- Thread: Membership Re-application - Bero [accepted under others] (/thread-1192.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Membership Re-application - Bero [accepted under others] - Bero - 10-23-2018

Hello gents. 

Its been a sad day today while trying to enjoy some racing at rallyx server. So to try and make it better I returned here (took me a while to find the forum) and reapply for the membership. 
First of all hello to everyone who have stayed loyal to the game and are still enjoying it, and to the new people who have discovered it recently. I have played this simulator since the early beginnings of it and for a short time was a member of a AA team. (back when the earth was flat). Then I focused on other things in life and simply couldn't find the time to hang online. Now I am back online (after roughly 6 years I think) and getting back to speed, but just can't get there because of all the annoying people trying to do everything else but race. So I would like to apply for limad. I don't need the tags nor the skins, I just need some power to kick some ass when there is trouble(like Jacques did back in the days). I am not going to hang on the servers all day, I usually come for an hour or so every few days and that's it. Maybe I will get an s2 license but it all depends when the demo will stop being fun, and if the winter will be long and cold. And that's it. 

Oh yeah, and:  

Lfs account name: Bero(cro)
Racing name: Bero 
Real life name: Berislav Topol, age 27. 
Number of laps on the server: 209 (in the last week or so)
Safety rating: clean air  
Personal bests: Back in the day (gti xrg 1:33,12, rallyx xrg 1:09,04) , now I haven't tried the gti  yet but will soon. Rallyx xrg is 1:10,23 i think. (please have in mind that I am a keyboard racer)

And I will probably race thru the winter and early spring but when the weather allows for some outdoor racing I will no longer be constantly active online untill the next offseason.

That's it. Enjoy the racing and hopefully I see you on servers. 
And yeah, big shout to meddc and eq worry!

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - AOR Nova - 10-24-2018

Hey Bero!

Welcome to Air Attack Air Support forum! I personally have not seen you around much at all, as I'm not really a GTi guy and definitely not a RallyX'er.

We will await comments from other members to support your application or to validate your affiliation with us in old days. Cheers!

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Bero - 10-26-2018

Hy Nova!

I haven't seen any AA members on the rallyx server, that's one of the reasons I have decided to reapply. If there is somebody who keeps things in place, the quality of the servers goes up, and the racing is better. Smile
I will try gti server soon, but I see that mostly all servers are usually empty. No fbm for me hence the fbm doesn't have abs so the driving is a bit problematic with keys.
Bit of an update, pb dropped today to 1:09,96 and safety rating went up to fresh air. 237 laps and counting.

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Azyer - 10-26-2018

I think you might run into presley at some point. He seems to do a bit of RallyX, but I personally haven’t seen you race. I’ll keep my eyes out on the servers Smile

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Vim Fuego - 10-28-2018

Hi Bero, welcome to the new forums and thanks for the interest in joining / rejoining.

If you are having problems on our servers, it would help us a lot if you were to start a report thread where you could post replays of any troublemakers so they can be dealt with accordingly.

As for tags and skins, we kinda get into those ourselves... If you read through the pre-application information thread, you see all of the standards and requirements for members. If you're happy with those conditions and still wish to be a part of AS, then we'll start moving your application forward.

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Bero - 11-23-2018

Vim Fuego> Hi. The thing is I am not a tattletail. Nor do I have time to record every problem/fight/crash and then repost it somewhere else. When I find the time to race, I race and have fun. And when someone is deliberately causing problems it affects my fun time. ( I am actually selfish Smile )
If it is necessary I can put the tag on, but I find it counterproductive. (but that's just me)

A bit of an update:
went to have some fun on gti server:
xrg pb 1:34,59 (for now, but will go into 33's easy)
safety: excellent air

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Seven - 11-23-2018

I was just about to close your app for inactivity. It's been a month nearly mate! Where've you been? Big Grin

Reporting is nothing to do with being a tattletail or wasting your own time. It's to do with making sure people that do wrong get put right. If you want to race on a clean server, you would surely want the people that hinder this image to be put straight, no?

Tags are compulsory. Not only do they represent that you're part of the team, but it's like seeing a fully marked Police car on the street. Suddenly most people behave themselves when they can see there's "authority" present!

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Vim Fuego - 11-23-2018

We'll wait and see if one or more of the Veterans speak up in the next couple of weeks, otherwise I will need to decline this application.

Sorry Bero, but I am hesitant to give out admin status to people I don't know and who aren't personally endorsed by an existing member. We get a lot of requests of this sort, which was the primary reason for setting up AS the way we have - prospects now need to show responsibility in order to be given power, not the other way around which, as we have found in the past, can be embarrassing at best; damaging at its worst.

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - AOR Nova - 11-24-2018

I'd say we wait a bit more to see if any member can back Bero up with his application - I still haven't seen him, possibly due to work + timezones, so I can't say much still.

Bero, if you find an AA or AS member racing with you, try to get him/her to see your conduct and possibly reply to this thread with their opinion.

If nothing else happens, @Vim we may or may not go with him - maybe we can just go based off his conduct and rating + laptime. *If* no one else comes along to this thread..

RE: Bero - membership reaplication - Bero - 11-25-2018

Seven> I understand what tags represent, and I understand what you want to say, but let me put it this way. You guys want "cleaner" and better servers and more people driving on your servers? Unless you have constant survailence over the server by an admin or moderator that cannot be achieved. Because it is in people's nature to behave when they have authority on the premises. But as soon the authority is gone, so is their curtosy and manners. You see that in your everyday life with traffic cameras, radars, etc. And also if you are wearing a tag, people's approach is different, and trust me, i don't want that. I am not special nor previleged. I am just an average joe trying to have fun and race in "most real" environment that can be found online.

Vim Fuego> I understand, nhf. I have time. Like I said, I am interested in becoming a limad to help in cleaner racing on the aa servers. If that is only possible by joining the team and wearing the tag I am ok with that, but I am only putting it out there that I am not a regular racer in Lfs. I have other obligations in life and playing lfs is a little further back on my "want" list. Sometimes I play for a day, sometimes for a week. Sometimes I don't play for 6 months, but I will play for as long as i will be able. And in that period while I play, I want, and I would like to give clean and fair racing.

Nova> If I find someone I will let him know. (I was online the other day with jacq, but just for a brief moment - a 3 or 4 runs maybe, and he still doesn't wear the tag Wink )But like I said, its ok. Big Grin