AirAttack Racing Forum
FORUM MIGRATION - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: FORUM MIGRATION (/thread-1094.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

FORUM MIGRATION - Seven - 12-20-2017

We're back!

Nothing's changed, apart from that pesky link on the URL bar there... Who on earth is "lx-fx.co.uk"? Well, that's my website. Now you're all stuck with me. Tongue

This may be a temporary fix if our old web host decides to sort the old databases out, however I don't charge and we're all back online. Happy days! If you stumble across any issues, post them here or send me a PM or an email, whatever and I'll get it fixed.

Thanks to Vim for saving a backup of the old databases and forums the hard way and for pointing the link to my server. After about 6 hours solid graft from both of us, it's time for me to go to bed! Tongue

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - M@CI3K - 12-20-2017

Haha, welcome back forum.

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - AOR Nova - 12-20-2017

Splendid work Seven. Must've burnt a few brain cells there. Tongue

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - Seven - 12-21-2017

I had to teach Vim how to export the forums first, that was great fun teaching a newbie the (kill)joys of forum migration. I think he probably smoked about 4 cigarettes just getting through it! Tongue

I was like "I am NOT sleeping until this works!" Then out of nowhere the silliest setting just makes it all work and I'm like "Yaaaaay!". Big Grin

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - joruss - 12-23-2017

Wha happen?
Big Grin

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - Seven - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 02:46 AM)joruss Wrote: Wha happen?
Big Grin

Basically what I think happened is the old host did a server migration of their own and failed to move the databases properly resulting the the error we were seeing. Or, they updated something and it just broke. Whatever happened, Vim's contacted their customer support multiple times and they've failed to reply to him so I decided enough was enough, set up an AA folder on my server so that we could get AA back online ourselves.

Tbh even if the old host does decide to fix the issue I think it would be easier to stay on my server 'cause I don't charge and I actually respond to questions! Tongue It won't take me 10 days to fix the server if anything goes das boom.

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - joruss - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 01:22 PM)Seven Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 02:46 AM)joruss Wrote: Wha happen?
Big Grin

Basically what I think happened is the old host did a server migration of their own and failed to move the databases properly resulting the the error we were seeing. Or, they updated something and it just broke. Whatever happened, Vim's contacted their customer support multiple times and they've failed to reply to him so I decided enough was enough, set up an AA folder on my server so that we could get AA back online ourselves.

Tbh even if the old host does decide to fix the issue I think it would be easier to stay on my server 'cause I don't charge and I actually respond to questions! Tongue It won't take me 10 days to fix the server if anything goes das boom.

Right, so I'm not alone in 'being ignored on tech support' Big Grin
Perhaps their upgrade also broke their ticket system and they are blissfully unaware of any problem Big Grin #nopoblem

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - prasanths96 - 12-24-2017

Hiya!

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - Mikke - 02-07-2018

That pink theme doesnt  fit for me Big Grin

RE: FORUM MIGRATION - Seven - 02-07-2018

Under construction, Mikke. Fixing issues by creating more issues! Tongue