AirAttack Racing Forum
What now. - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: What now. (/thread-325.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: What now. - Seven - 01-11-2014

The S2 side was for occasionally racing leagues and all things S2 originally. If in the event someone from an outside team comes to our forums all our tactics and setups are there for them to see and take, shattering any competitive chances. Okay, I get your view of the skins, now I remember I think I tried to put an AA badge on my car before I figured out how LFSWorld world worked and that I hadn't uploaded it but just inserted a jpg into my skins folder Tongue

Bottom line, strategies in leagues and setups shouldn't be publically available for our competition otherwise teams like GenR should just be public, but they aren't. PMs aren't reliable as you can't see sent messages so there's no history of any passwords or ideas shared between certain people where a forum is all there, it is reliable and all that's needed is the moderator of that forum giving a user permission to get in once it's made, not a modification to registration. I understand you want it to be like old times but there's a new addition to LFS for those of us "developing further" in LFS; we aren't just demo anymore! Sure, we aren't as serious as dedicated league teams, the section would only be used when there's an event that we're planning for like the 24hr Kyoto at the start of February, but I'm sure everyone who would participate in those events, who are part of AA S2, would want a place to share tactics and sets out of public eyes; demo sets and stratagies can be public, I'm talking only S2.

Re: What now. - meddc - 01-12-2014

I do kind of agree with Seven here (but also agree with delta that we need to settle and put some investment into the demo side first). Provided, of course, that the private section was only used for what he says and not for any general chat.

But we already have quite enough sections on the forum. Perhaps we could rationalize some? Also bear in mind that a private section requires there to be a list of people who can access it and someone would need to maintain that.

As an alternative, you could always hold these discussions on Facebook or similar?

Re: What now. - Seven - 01-12-2014

No general chat in there, just sets and tactics for events, strictly.

Maybe merge the design thread in with the General stuff?

We need a new S2 leader anyway, moderating of that forum can be up to them.

That would prevent spamming up here, it's fine for you to give my FB details to Delta, Charles and anyone else who'd like to join in the discussions. Smile

Re: What now. - delta s4 - 01-12-2014

Ok, now that sure makes all sense now, I'll see what i can do about it.
But yeah, meanwhile a S2 manager will be needed to moderate the whole thing, It's better for you (S2 players) to talk amongst yourselfs and reach a consense of who will become that manager.

I'll send a PM out to all I know are S2 to arrange a FB chat.

Re: What now. - Jacques - 01-12-2014

Seven, again I see you taking 3 steps forward when we are still working towards main goals. I´d like to see you participate in maintaining the demo servers instead of asking this and that to cater your interests. Focus on demo, and when it is ok - then lets discuss S2.

Our FBM side is mostly inactive from what I´ve seen on lfsw, Mikki515 and uytp7 are the two fbm members that I see regularly on our servers. Thanks guys!
JoRuss has also kickstarted the BL FBM server few times already. Smile

Re: What now. - Vim Fuego - 01-12-2014

I'll be in there next weekend too. One more week of maxin' and relaxin' Big Grin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What now. - senna - 01-12-2014

I really don't think that we should have an s2 section. Let me explain my view:

Fram specifically told us when Sam tried to create an s2 branch within genr that he won't allow AA to compete with genr. Now that we left genr, and we then start to become a s2 team with private tactics and private skins. Then why did we left genr in the first place? Or why Aidaan stayed there?

Occasional s2 driving is what all of us s2 licenced drivers are doing so far. I don't think that it requires a serious moderation, with top secret race tactics or sets, private subforums, dedicated training servers...

Repeating myself so I will summarize. AA is a relaxed demo clan we said. Resisted to some important change they offered us.

What do you think guys about this?

Sent from my RM-941_eu_turkey_294 using Tapatalk

I still think the group of S2 drivers we have are not serious enough to join R2R but dedicated enough to have a forum section available.

Re: What now. - delta s4 - 01-12-2014

Our S2 players are free to join any league they want, the advantage that we have now is that there isn't anyone holding our players back, if you know what i mean.
Of course that there is a lot of work to be done before we can get a proper S2 team, but for the meanwhile they can enter a league if they want, and if they need a S2 section here on forum i dont see the reason why we shouldn't be able to provide that section to them.