AirAttack Racing Forum
What now. - Printable Version

+- AirAttack Racing Forum (https://airattackteam.com)
+-- Forum: Live For Speed (https://airattackteam.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://airattackteam.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: What now. (/thread-325.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: What now. - meddc - 01-05-2014

Hi - good to be back and I understand the forums are still being worked on. Any chance of changing the settings for private messages? Currently I have to enter some characters I can't read very well, as well as answer some riddles and mathematical problems (which by the way have the wrong answers if they involve multiplication, as the numbers are computed in the wrong order Smile)

Thanks!

Re: What now. - Vim Fuego - 01-06-2014

(12-22-2013, 08:14 PM)Animal link Wrote:What colours, what layout, etc etc??

Could you work in a bit of the Black and Yellow into the background and coloured text? Meddc's avatar has the yellow shade we use.

Liking the functionality in the text editing - great stuff Big Grin

edit: I've been having a look at the theme templates - i'd like to have a go at making one, if it would help? only problem: i won't have p-shop until i get home later this month...  Sad

Re: What now. - Seven - 01-07-2014

Now the theme is on Glacier 2 no matter what for me...

It literally won't allow me to change theme, when I click "Change" the page reloads and the drop-down box is returned to Glacier 2. This works on all the themes.

Re: What now. - Animal - 01-08-2014

(01-07-2014, 11:08 PM)Seven link Wrote:Now the theme is on Glacier 2 no matter what for me...

It literally won't allow me to change theme, when I click "Change" the page reloads and the drop-down box is returned to Glacier 2. This works on all the themes.

Thats because the theme is now set to glacier 2 for all users, other themes are disabled to avoid conflicts with mods applied that may only work on one theme.

Re: What now. - Seven - 01-08-2014

Will we get the option back to choose a nicer style in future?

Re: What now. - meddc - 01-08-2014

(01-08-2014, 08:03 AM)Seven link Wrote:Will we get the option back to choose a nicer style in future?
Remember we're guests on this forum Matt. Comments like this are not very constructive at present. Everyone is putting a lot of work into this right now and things take time. Styles are the least of our worries right now tbh.

Re: What now. - senna - 01-08-2014

Animal, thanks for the great work you made so far and we want to make sure that we are grateful that you guys shown great hospitality as you did in the past for us. We are,merely guests here, and we all know it, although you guys doing a great job to makes us feel otherwise Smile

Having said that, I know that maintaining a forum is some work, and things that need to be done has some hierarchy in a scale of crucial to "meeh, it might be done atm or might not. Doesn't affect us at all". We don't wanna bother you guys with details at this stage.

Again, thanks for having us back here, it really makes me feel like home. No place like it Smile

Sent from my RM-941_eu_turkey_294 using Tapatalk

Re: What now. - Ghost - 01-08-2014

Point well made guys but we don't mind a bit of constructive criticism or suggestions on how to improve things. Yes the forums are still being developed but we will get there.

Re: What now. - joruss - 01-08-2014

(01-08-2014, 08:03 AM)Seven link Wrote:Will we get the option back to choose a nicer style in future?
With a little bit of user JS / greasemonkey fiddling you can change almost everything so not all hope is lost

Re: What now. - Animal - 01-08-2014

No plans to do so at the moment, sorry.  Having multiple themes means every change made to the code of the forum has to be tested multiple times, I simply do not have the time to do that.  If I lose my job and go on the dole I might change this policy ;-)